Rear Seat-belt fully retracted and locked... Any tips

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
So after getting out of Jet cars at NED last weekend and my son's seat belt (driver's rear) wouldn't pull out (locked). As I tried to let a little in to get it to release and pull out it just kept going in. I want to get this fixed tomorrow when I am doing my oil change. Anyone encounter this and have any thoughts other than really tearing into it?

Thanks!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone have a picture of the release mechanism? I cannot get either of the bolts out to take the unit out of the car (either at the actual mechanism or where the harness attaches under the rear seat)... I am so stumped right now...

Yep... the retracting mechanism is pretty well hidden behind some structural reinfocements... and since my car is initially a NH car I have already broken two T50 bits trying to get the bolt out... this is even after a ton of penetrating oil and even a lot of heat (with more penetrant to cool it off, this usually draws the penetrant in and breaks it free)....

I may try drilling this bolt out then through bolting it with a grade 4 bolt... what a PITA...