rear suspension mods for big wheels?

right now car had brand new stock replacement leaf springs/shackles & frames. wheel wells are widened all the way to the frame / fender lips are rolled so lots of room there.
i have coys C67 rims 17x9, 5.5 b.s. for the rear. problem is there is only 1/2 inch clearance between rim & leaf spring. im pretty sure 275 tires will rub. i was thinking about getting a rods & custom triangulated 4 link. if i had too i could get away with adding small spacers on the wheels to add a little more space on the inside.
what is everyone else doing ?

• Sponsors (?)

no have not mounted tires yet. that martz suspension is interesting. my main goal is to leave the frames in stock location & retain seat and interior panels. the wheelwells are right up against the interior panels and seat. its hte largest i could make them. i want to try out road course racing so i think a coilover setup would be my best route. its kinda hard to not use brand new parts you already have FML :(

I would mount the tires and see if they clear and add spacers if needed just make sure your studs are long enough.

Word of caution with spacers....i lost both my back wheels (2 different times) with 1/4" spacers on my car. Sheared my moroso 3" studs on both sides. Slide on spacers create a shear point and takes the wheel off of hub (keeps the wheel centered other than with the lugs alone). If you use spacers get bolt on, hub centric spacers.

no have not mounted tires yet. that martz suspension is interesting. my main goal is to leave the frames in stock location & retain seat and interior panels. the wheelwells are right up against the interior panels and seat. its hte largest i could make them. i want to try out road course racing so i think a coilover setup would be my best route. its kinda hard to not use brand new parts you already have FML :(

So with these changes you can easily put the 275s on the car and have them under the fender lips. The only variable/trick is in the backspacing.

I am running Nitto 555 275/40/17 with the C-67's and have no rubbing at all in the back with the stock suspension setup in the rear. It is close but the Nitto's fit the rim very well.

really, mine didnt come close. the wheel well had to be widened. i didnt want to hammer away on brand new panels lol i wanted it to look professional, so widening them was the best option. now if i ever decide to go bigger theres all kinds of space in there.:nice:

I'm running the R&C Front & Rear suspensions on my 68.

My wheels specs and I have plenty of room ande I haven't rolled the fenders yet:
Shelby Wheels - CS67 Chrome (18x8.5 front / 18x9.5 back)
• BFGoodrich g-Force™ T/A® KDW (245/35ZR18 front / back 285/35/18)

25768760135_large.jpg

25768760134_large.jpg