Rear tires rubbing

lasr

Aug 12, 2022
Chicago
Hello!
I am new to this forum due to the fact I recently purchased a 1974 Mustang II that I am trying to restore. The car came with lousy TRX wheels and tires that are supposed to be fitted for the Fox body generation. I decided to purchase Cragar wheels with 225/60/15 tires on them. The fronts work just fine but there is a slight rubbing on the rear tires hitting the wheel well. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to lift the rear end just an inch or so. I appreciate any suggestions!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet!! I'll just get this out of the way because a few of us will ask - share some pics! Everyone loves eye candy! ;) Plus, sometimes it can help to visualize different things.

Now, it depends on where they're rubbing. If the wheels sit too far inboard just raising the rear may not help whereas 1/2" wheel spacers might. But, to answer your question, all you need is a shackle kit. They used to be commonplace at different parts stores.

Superior 13-4000 Lift-Shackle Kit -Fits all but 55-57 Chevrolet https://a.co/d/8cbNcja

Do you know what size wheel and what the back spacing is? There's a thread on wheel and tire combos that are known to fit, you can compare and see what you might be able to get away with browsing through there. It's the first link in the tech thread that's stickied at the top of the section's page. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users