Recaro owners in here, please...

JCKnife

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2002
Ohio
I'm on the verge of talking myself into some Recaro sportlines (actually the Tomcats, based on the Sportline design, but with yellow carbon-fiber/kevlar fabric--but it's a sportline for all intents and purposes).

Those who have them--worth it? Would you do it again?

I'd only like to hear from folks who have (or had) them, please.

• Sponsors (?)

I love my SRDs...lowered my seated position 3 inches :)

I paid 400 per seat plus 80 for rails and mounting brackets..you will need both.

seats1.jpg

I found a place with lower prices than speedware: http://www.azautosportdirect.com/

They have Recaros and lots of other stuff. I've been talking to Victor there and I think I'm going to order these tomorrow. They're only going to make 75 pair and he says they're going fast. (Yes, it might be a line but he is correct about it being a limted run of 75 pair).

tomcat.jpg

Also the Recaro SRD's are now called the "speed" line, not the "sport" line.

4.6_02_Black_GT said:
I love my SRDs...lowered my seated position 3 inches :)

I paid 400 per seat plus 80 for rails and mounting brackets..you will need both.

seats1.jpg
is that 3" lower than the lowest stock power position? if so thats pretty low huh? I'm 5'11" and i like to be seated pretty high i guess.

Yeap, its the lowest, I'm 6 feet even, and in stock seats I had good head room, but I just felt like my driving position was just too high. So the Recaros fixed that, I also love to have the side bolsters to keep from leaning one side to another. :banana: :banana:

Mounting brackets I used mount flush to the floorboard. the sliders are only 1/2 inch thick, so there is no way to sit any lower.

Also the shoulder bolsters are really nice, they support me well, although the seats are obiviously firm, not a of room for padding, They are built well and hold me very firmly in place.(one should be 30-38 inch waist, any wider and you might find the seats squeeze you a little too much around the kidney area, also if you have usually large thighs you may find the thigh bolsters squeeze a little too much too.) I actually sat in a set of Corbeau CR-1s and the fit is very similair.