Interior and Upholstery Recommendation on fire extinguisher installation.

Justin87

5 Year Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hey all!

Been a while since I’ve posted. Busy life and all that jazz.

Looking for some recommendations and tips on mounting methods and locations for a fire extinguisher.

Where and how have you guys attached yours?

Don’t have a crazy race car or anything but I figure it’s a worth while investment.

Attachments

• 9359B3C6-052F-4773-91CC-8272EADF458F.jpeg
    9359B3C6-052F-4773-91CC-8272EADF458F.jpeg
    468.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes, it is mounted to the rear of the front seats. I have two Halotron fire extinguishers mounted in the car, one on each front seat. They are out of the way and you really don't see them when the front seats are are slid to the rear.
Good deal!

This is probably be the ticket! Love that they don’t mount to the floor.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a fire extinguisher but haven't mounted it yet, but I was planning on making a bracket to mount it in the trunk somewhere, maybe on the vertical supports beneath the convertible top mechanicals

Reactions: 1 user
I have a fire extinguisher but haven't mounted it yet, but I was planning on making a bracket to mount it in the trunk somewhere, maybe on the vertical supports beneath the convertible top mechanicals
I thought about the hatch for mine too, but if there was a fire, who that be accessible enough? That was my only concern.

I thought about the hatch for mine too, but if there was a fire, who that be accessible enough? That was my only concern.
Good thought, but I figure better to have one there than none at all. We can plan for the worst, but sometimes things happen out of our control, ie, a potential fire could be more than a single extinguisher can handle.

For me the trunk makes the most sense, it's out of sight and sunlight. I believe the majority of the time I'd be able to access it if needed. However, If something happens and I can't access it, then that's what was meant to be. But again, that's just me.

Good thought, but I figure better to have one there than none at all. We can plan for the worst, but sometimes things happen out of our control, ie, a potential fire could be more than a single extinguisher can handle.

For me the trunk makes the most sense, it's out of sight and sunlight. I believe the majority of the time I'd be able to access it if needed. However, If something happens and I can't access it, then that's what was meant to be. But again, that's just me.
Leave your negative battery cable "snug" or pack the correct size wrench to remove it..........

I was at the stereo shop I used to frequent ( when I was YOUNGER) when a black 67 Chevelle rolled in fresh from a multi year restoration...... It was to die for nice...
Owner went out and turned on the key and smoke started coming from under the hood
Fortunately plenty of tools at the install part of the stereo store and after the neg cable was removed, there was no damage ( except to the already something wrong electrical system).......

Last edited:
Leave your negative battery cable "snug" or pack the correct size wrench to remove it..........

I was at the stereo shop I used to frequent ( when I was YOUNGER) when a black 67 Chevelle rolled in fresh from a multi year restoration...... It was to die for nice...
Owner went out and turned on the key and smoke started coming from under the hood
Fortunately plenty of tools at the install part of the stereo store and after the neg cable was removed, there was no damage ( except to the already something wrong electrical system).......
Yep. 100% agreed. I already do that with the positive. Its snug enough I can hook it up for a drive, then come back and remove it. I don't keep the battery connected when I'm not driving it. Safety reasons and so it doesn't discharge as quickly from sitting.

Last edited: