Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

DSCN2424.jpg

I have the same pair of seats waiting to get redone. Just got new straps for the seat bottoms today. Can't wait to see how great yours turn out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Thanks! Recaro's are my seat for a Mustang. I have been trying to master the art of upholstery, so still working on mine.

I wanted to post a quick update. Some pieces saw some paint to test the clear I want to use and was very happy with it. These are the latest shots of the car...still going OCD on the panels. Getting ready to prime this side again.
DSCN2444.jpg

Another sanding of the engine bay. Trimmed down the pinch weld at the firewall some more. hopefully the fifth time priming it will be the charm.
Untitled-2.jpg

Small pieces getting primed. The ground effect I just pulled. I stripped it by hand then and this is its second time being primed. I didn't take a pic after primer so just picture these in grey.
DSCN2436.jpg

Man, it's looking great.
Thanks DJ!
looks great Kevin, cant wait to see it finished
Thanks Henry! You should be pretty close on yours.

I took last week off but I am back at it. Bought an extra cobra cluster to experiment with. I want to match the needles up to my other gauges. I need to put a couple of more coats on to get a perfect match, just wanted to see if this would work.
Mustangweek291.jpg

Mustangweek290.jpg

everything is looking great , it should look awesome with some color
Thanks man! I am trying to step it up and get this thing done. I am so ready for paint but the car just isn't quiet there. I have seen way to many "show" cars where they just stopped short and should have blocked 2 or 3 more times and it would have prevented the little ripples down the doors or quarters.

Down to just a couple of spots to fight. The main one is the passenger door where I welded the door lock hole. It did not like that. Coupled with the factory stamping on the door handle, it has been a fight. I think its been blocked and primed like 8 times. Its much better but not there yet.
BodyWork297.jpg

Blocked
BodyWork298.jpg

Another couple coats of primer.
BodyWork299.jpg

I also put in another 5 hours on the pinch weld fine tuning. Gonna have to prime it one more time and then the bay is ready for paint.

You may have the worst case of OCD Ive ever heard of... :D
I know. It sucks...
Went over the engine bay again detailing and blocking some final spots before (hopefully) the last priming.
battery003.jpg

battery001.jpg

The advantage to taking so long is that anything that was going to come back has had time to so. I have already fixed a couple of things on the engine bay that I would not want under the paint.