Saleen style dash pod & a-pillar q's...2001 vert

95CobraStang

Jan 21, 2004
Chico, CA
First of all, where the he|| would i be able to find a-pillar for dual gauges for a 2001 mustang convert?? 01 seems to be the toughest one to find!

If I can't find that....or even if I can, does anybody know if I can get the saleen style dash pod??? I like the look of both, and am debating which one I want more.

Pics or info on 2001s would be great! No pre '01s tho...and i dont know if post '01s work either.

thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

You can get a similar gauge pod through autometer as well. It holds two 2
gauges of your choice.

Saleen also just came out with a pod that has intake temperature and boost. The intake temp is pretty cool because it patches into the computer for realtime IAT.

I just upgraded my car from the older-style two gauge pod to the newer style. It looks a lot better too, just like the ford gauges.

I would try summit or rpmoutlet.com to find your pod. Rpmoutlet also does color matching for only 10 dollars more.

Acheron315 said:
You can get a similar gauge pod through autometer as well. It holds two 2
gauges of your choice.

Saleen also just came out with a pod that has intake temperature and boost. The intake temp is pretty cool because it patches into the computer for realtime IAT.

I just upgraded my car from the older-style two gauge pod to the newer style. It looks a lot better too, just like the ford gauges.

I would try summit or rpmoutlet.com to find your pod. Rpmoutlet also does color matching for only 10 dollars more.

I like the idea of real-time intake temp!! Where can i find out more about this?? Also, the auto meter one says for 94-98, i believe....are there also dash pods for cars w/out the dash clocks?

I have searched long and hard for the A-Pillar pod for our cars (2001+ convertibles), but i have been very unsuccessful. Go with the saleen pod until something comes out...IDK what else to tell u. If you do find something, let me know because I need to mount my boost guage.

The gauge pod is only available in boost (0-15 psi) and inlet air temp. The boost gauge just has a sender that you wire up, while the inlet air temp patches into the computer harness. It is saleen part # 047-395 and costs 299.00 from them.

However, autometer just came out with an inlet air temp gauge, but this one has a sender so isnt realtime like the saleens.

See the attached picture for what it looks like. It is similar to the older 2 gauge pods but it is smaller and has a plastic bezel covering both gauges which are mounted like the ford gauges on the dash. They even use the exact same needles! Sorry for the bad quality, I just found it off of eBay.

For mustangs that don't have a clock you have to drill holes in your dash and also cut out the dash material with a sharp knife, so it is a permanent installation, you won't be able to undo it. Saleen supplies a template that makes it no hassle though.

Attachments

• gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 594
Acheron315 said:
The gauge pod is only available in boost (0-15 psi) and inlet air temp. The boost gauge just has a sender that you wire up, while the inlet air temp patches into the computer harness. It is saleen part # 047-395 and costs 299.00 from them.

However, autometer just came out with an inlet air temp gauge, but this one has a sender so isnt realtime like the saleens.

See the attached picture for what it looks like. It is similar to the older 2 gauge pods but it is smaller and has a plastic bezel covering both gauges which are mounted like the ford gauges on the dash. They even use the exact same needles! Sorry for the bad quality, I just found it off of eBay.

For mustangs that don't have a clock you have to drill holes in your dash and also cut out the dash material with a sharp knife, so it is a permanent installation, you won't be able to undo it. Saleen supplies a template that makes it no hassle though.

Thanks fot the pics and info. I was wondering how the dash pod would be mounted, so that's very good info for me. I like the way it looks a lot, and don't have the patience to wait for the A-pillar to be manufsctured, so I think that's what ill be doing

No problem, glad I could help.

Are you planning on supercharging your car? With the new pod style from saleen, it is impossible to change the gauges. With the older style (like from autometer) then it is possible to mount and 2" gauge you want.

Have you seen the bezel that holds two gauges that surrounds the stock cluster? I attached a picture below.

Attachments

• bezel2.jpg
    bezel2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 650
Yeah, I'll be slappin' on a KB intercooled in December. I'm rounding up parts for it slowly.

Here's the deal; I want to use Auto meter ultra lite gauges (boost and fuel press) on the saleen-style dash pod. IDK what size the actual saleen pod is, but I'm hoping 2" or 2 1/16", I think it is....otherwise ill have to find somewhere else to get the pod.

Yeah, I've seen the bezel style. I think it looks great, but im really trying to get those gauges up high where i can really monitor them. The bezel ones seem low and the steering wheel may be in the line of sight...hopefully someone will correct me if im wrong tho.

So.....dash pod w/ auto meters = first choice
possibly the bezel w/ auto meters = 2nd choice

Go to the website listed in my sig for a gauge pod for an 01 vert. I saw this problem with the verts a while back and it also applies to 03/04 coupes. The factory pillar changed and the aftermarket didn't release a fix. Mine is perfect color, fit, and texture.

Hardcorestang13, we talked via PM a while back, and these weren't ready to ship yet. All models are shipping now..

I just wanted to give mustang owners an option that no one else is providing (without having to rig or modify something else). A custom project I did for one car turned into this "venture" due to demand.

Mods, let me know what I can do about gaining vendor status so I can comfortably make suggestions like this and remain within the rules of the site. Since I own the company, I want to make sure this is not interpreted as a "for sale" post and merely as an answer to this discussion. I enjoy the site, and don't want to step on any toes. :flag:

Thx,

Alan

alanw6 said:
Go to the website listed in my sig for a gauge pod for an 01 vert. I saw this problem with the verts a while back and it also applies to 03/04 coupes. The factory pillar changed and the aftermarket didn't release a fix. Mine is perfect color, fit, and texture.

Hardcorestang13, we talked via PM a while back, and these weren't ready to ship yet. All models are shipping now..

I just wanted to give mustang owners an option that no one else is providing (without having to rig or modify something else). A custom project I did for one car turned into this "venture" due to demand.

Mods, let me know what I can do about gaining vendor status so I can comfortably make suggestions like this and remain within the rules of the site. Since I own the company, I want to make sure this is not interpreted as a "for sale" post and merely as an answer to this discussion. I enjoy the site, and don't want to step on any toes. :flag:

Thx,

Alan

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HardcoreSTANG13 said:
ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me about it....

It's taken a lot of time, energy, and $$$, but it's been worth it. They're selling pretty well despite the fact not many people know about them yet. Press releases will show up in 5.0 and MM&FF hopefully in the next few issues.

People with the new style pillars (and the older ones) have been really happy to get something that fits right, is the correct color, and offers a hassle free install.

Now it's time to finish up a few "other" ideas we're working on.