Seafoam is teh *****!

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, so I tried it today........worked as advertised. Seafom=:) .

I used the method in the video on page 9 of this thread by pulling the vacuum line with the 2 red lines. I didn't use a straw, instead I used about 18" of rubber hose that I had laying around and used a small hose clamp to get it tight around the fitting at the manifold.

Allow me say holy crap! How hard is the suction outta that line?!? I used a 24oz. Mountain Dew bottle filled with about 8oz. of the Seafoam and it literally sucked it all down almost instantly and even crushed in the bottle! Anywho, it worked well and I was pleased that all that junk is now out of the top end of my engine. I have 34K miles so I wasn't sure if it'd smoke much, but it did. It was heavy for about 2-3 minutes and tapered off. When I took off driving it gave a nice little smoke show up through 3rd gear (that I could see out of my rearview). I poured another 8oz. in the fuel tank.

I will have to say that it idles noticeably smoother and like someone said (much) earlier in this thread, it revved quicker than it has since I've owned it.

Since it worked so well I got a 2nd can of it to use on my DD '95 Sunfire with 143K miles. Smoked A LOT when first applied, but didn't do much upon starting it back up after letting it sit for 15 minutes. I didn it twice to the 'fire with the same results. :flag:

Yea thanx I Try to help!

So Joshheat25, were you as awed as I was with how much suction the manifold has? I mean, I put the tube down in the bottle, but far enough that it wasn't in the liquid, and wedged the bottle out of the way while I started the engine. When I got to the front of the car the damn bottle was empty and it was crushed in! My car sucks :rlaugh: .

i believe it cured my detonation problem. i put a can in my gas tank today with some 93 octane. also put half a bottle in my oil. cant really tell yet if it runs quieter. very smooth idle though. good product.

i'm going to run it through my pcv in the next few days.

goddamn!

well, i tried putting it in my pcv earlier than i thought. well, i didnt use the pcv tube, i used the little tube with the red wires coming out of it.

i put approx a half can (maybe less) in there. it really does want to rev high when putting it in there, sorta scared me. waited about 15 minutes, started it up and out blew a nice smoke show for about 5 minutes. the neatest thing is i cleaned off my piston tops and cleaned the PI heads only 20k miles ago when i put them on. i still had alot of smoke!

as far as the difference, after putting 1 bottle in my fast tank, 1/2 bottle in my oil and 1/2 in the engine inlet, it really does idle and rev ALOT smoother (keep in mind, thats only after 20k of buildup). no more hesitation when you give it load either. i love it. engine feels like its almost brand new again. the idle is noticably lower and very smooth. i highly reccommend this product to anyone with even 30k miles on their car. aside from the headswap, i have 133k miles on the car right now.

:nice:

Yea I used a small rubber hose and it almost sucked it through the intake! I never knew it had so much suction. Yea Note: Be careful Not to let go of your Sucking instrument because it will get sucked into your engine and cause damage!!!!!! I need to put some in my crank case before I change my oil! I bet that will help some more! This stuff is like a miracle juice!

Yea it's 4 bucks here at Autozone, but 6 at Carquest.

I turned some guys in the Impala SS community on to this thread last week. Apparently a few years ago they had a similar thread on their boards, about 5 pages long of people asking the exact same questions.

I did this to my girlfriend's car a few weeks ago because she saw me do it to mine. Killed the engine by having it suck it up too fast. Then waited for 5 minutes and it wouldn't fire. Eventually it did start up, smoked a lot and then we went for a drive. Smoked for about 10 minutes and then started to clear up. She went home later and said the engine felt better. She was happy and I was happy. :nice:

I think the most important part to getting the smoke is killing the engine by having it suck in too much.

The times I ran Seafoam and didn't kill the car by that method (or wasn't able to, as was the case on my friends Impala,) we didn't see much for smoke.

The times I did see results all were when I killed it first by drowning it, then had problems starting it back up, and sounded like it was running on 5 or 6 cylinders after it finally started.