seat belts, clutch pedal, throttle cable oh my.....

Well I finally got my girl all legal and ran a few miles today. First the SVE springs matched with the new rubber are sweet! Not overly stiff but nice and tight in the corners.

Now for my questions: the seat belts are completly screwed. There seems too be a twist from the piece on the pillar down to the retractor. I actualy removed the pivot piece and lower anchor and tried to straighten but it is still messed. Any ideas? Next my clutch pedal is about 3" higher than my brake pedal. I loosened the plastic adjuster on the firewall but it still sits in same place. Don't know if this is normal but it feels wierd to me. Next is the throttle cable. It seems to me that there is a ton of play in it. I plan on removing inlet tube to see if TB is opening the entire way. Is there any adjustment?

• Sponsors (?)

OK, update: cool finds, tri ax shifter and aluminum quadrant. Throttle cable is stretched. Pedal sits about 1.5" from floor. Alum quadrant is nice but only has one cable hook up. There is also an adj firewall mount but it is plastic. I have done some searching and I have found my throwout bearing is bad. My clutch pedal is vibrating and from the search topics that is what I found.

Is the throttle cable available at a local auto parts or is it a ford only cable?

You can take the slack out of your throttle cable by using some hose and zip ties at your pedal. I read a write up on it somewhere. Other than that I haven't heard much about replacement cables.

I ended up with a ford replacement. Just messing around I put some split shots from my tackle box on it and went down the road. I completley wasn't getting full throtle lol. they lasted about a mile and fell off. Never thought about the piece of hose. Good Idea for next time.