Seat-removal fiasco

Stokestack

Apr 5, 2010
Hi all.

I need to remove the driver's seat on my '96 Cobra for multiple reasons.

The back bolts were, as I was warned, very hard to turn. However, eventually they started turning more freely.... but with no further result. They haven't backed out of the holes at all, and they didn't seem to break.... they are just turning and turning with some but not much resistance. The seat bracket isn't loose at the back at all, and looking under the car I don't see anything.

WTF? Anybody have an insight here? The front bolts came loose much more easily, but even with those there's an issue: On one side, the entire threaded post came out with the nut; on the other, only the nut came off.

Attachments

• backOfSeatBS.jpg
    backOfSeatBS.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 167
  • frontOfSeatBS.jpg
    frontOfSeatBS.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the replies, guys. I didn't realize that the bolts went through my subframe connectors. Everything's fine; not even any notable corrosion.

I did have to use a jack to apply upward pressure on the bolts to back them out of the floorpan.

Fair enough!

And come on, everything's a fiasco after a day of wrestling with impossible-to-remove crap that prevents you from even starting the REAL work! See: brake booster vs. strut tower

Reactions: 1 user