• Sell them to me

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I've had these wheels for 2 years. Off an 2004 gt, under 2000 miles on them. Basically like brand new. I think they look great. I have not mounted tires yet because I have a dilemma.

Problem is, they are 17x8. Up front, that's not an issue, but out back I want wider. I have sn95 cobra brakes and axles out back, so gotta pay attention to offsets when choosing wheels.

Should i invest in widening these? Would prob go 17x10 and run a 295 or 305. I would widen them to the inside, so I need to see how much room I have.

Yes, or no? :shrug:

61398d1264895023-mustang5l5s-progress-thread-dsc00043a.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

When I looked into it I decided against it based on price. $250 per wheel if i rember correctly, not worth it to me.

I would LOVE to do the same to some 98 Corba wheels.....

Do it and tell how it goes :)

Yeah, I think I looked into it and it was $200 or so a wheel. So $400+ to do it....in addition to the $400 I paid for the wheels 2 years ago. So it would be $800 and I still need to buy tires. At least I'm not doing it to junk wheels. As you can see, the wheels are practically new.

But, I do like them and do like the idea that it's not a common setup you see.

My 97 cobras are beat up, and I want a fresh look now. Everyone and their mother has bullets and fr500s

I think it would be cool to make a set of 17x4 and 17x10s out of factory ford wheels for a race car. Sure it wouldn't be as light but they'd definitely stand out in the crowd of welds and cobras/bullitts

terry turbo fox widen'ed his wells for the t top coupe project he would probably have an exact cost for you. It seems like a good idea if you want to be diff. I just purchased 10th anniversary wheels and tires (275/40/17) delivered for 860 bux

I say go for it. Sure it is expensive, but its really cool to be different. I damn near widened two of my tri-bars, but just didnt have the cash at the time I looked into it. Still might do it just to have a different set of rims to swap on and throw people off. Ive always loved some clean tri-bars for some reason.