Show me where and how you installed your pcv oil seperator

ShortThrow50

Oct 22, 2006
Pa
I bought the seperator from home depot for 12 bucks now I just wanted to make sure it indeed does go between the pcv and intke line. It would also be nice to see some pics of where you guys installed yours and how. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Here is what I did in order to have a second vent location on the drivers valve cover.

PCVSetup2.jpg

thats awesome, i like that idea. I was thinking to do that to the one that goes from the oil fill to the tb. I noticed oil gets by there as well.
This could be a different issue though.
Do you have a baffle on the inside of the valve cover? You can tell just by looking down the oil fill neck. If you see the rockers, then you don't have a baffle.

The baffle keeps oil from being thrown up the filler neck, where it can then get into the intake.

A separator would probably still help, but a baffle is a better way to do it.

This could be a different issue though.
Do you have a baffle on the inside of the valve cover? You can tell just by looking down the oil fill neck. If you see the rockers, then you don't have a baffle.

The baffle keeps oil from being thrown up the filler neck, where it can then get into the intake.

A separator would probably still help, but a baffle is a better way to do it.

My engine is still sitting on my engine stand as shown. The top end kit i bought requires you to make a hole in the valve cover for the oil fill kit. I never looked but now that u mention it, I doubt it has the baffle. If it does not have the baffle would u recommend the oil seperator there too, or is it a waste? Heres a pic. Thanks
2007_051900011.jpg

2007_051900010.jpg

The separator is a short term solution.
It will fill with oil, and need to be emptied on a regular basis. I was having to dump mine out twice per fuel tank.

The separator will help with the diagnosis, and help get the oil flow under control, but it shouldn't be viewed as a permanent solution.

You need to have the proper baffling installed.

jason