Sn94 5.0 Complete Swap To Gutted 88 4 Cylinder

J.Sully.

Jan 13, 2017
I have a 94 cobra motor and t5 i would love to know whe i cannot simply use every piece of the 94 becauae the 4 cylider fox is just a roller. I am curious why i cant use everything harness ecu and accessories i know the other comp from fox is better i dont have so id love to use what i have. May have

• Sponsors (?)

There's no reason you can't use everything. The fox computer isn't actually better, it's a lot slower and less sophisticated which makes it easier for some mild modifications to work with its tune. On the 94/95's if you make changes like a lumpy cam you're more likely to need a tune to get good driveability. But it's a better computer with better capabilities, so it can be made to run better / more efficiently / with less emissions provided that it's tuned well. The same tuning software / hardware as used on the Fox computer will work on the SN95 computer. If you're not modifying at this point, then there's no reason to consider changing computers or harnesses at this point. Run what you brought. :)

That's the computer... some accessories / mounts / clutch forks / etc may physically interfere. The overall length of the transmission (due to the input shaft) is a bit different too. I have no direct experience.

Thanks for the info i definitely appreciate it. Im a master certified powersports technician with a life long training in nuts bolts and wires in the junkysrd my father owned. If the drive shaft needs to be shortened so be it and ill probably swap cobras complete axle master cylinder front spindles brakes dash carpet seats and just do a mock up of door panels how i like and put my upholstery contact through the hell of door panel fab. I just found a better and near perf 93 notch 4 cylinder auto i plan on getting this week and using it instead. Glad i hadnt started the custom subframe connectors and engine bay. This is a long term project ive dreamt of for quite a while and will be doing everything but pait myself.

Do you have more from the cobra other than the engine and trans?

Your project certainly is doable, but you will need a lot more parts than you currently have, including many fox specific parts that don't come on the 4cyl. Wiring needs to match up to the year of the car, the transmission, and the ECU, so you will be hunting down parts.

Ideally, it would be MUCH easier to do the swap if it was done on a 5.0 fox roller. Being as you have a 2.3L roller, you almost need to pick up a 5.0 parts car of similar year to the 4-cyl car to take what you need.

The SN95 harness is a bit different in the dash wiring, the lights, air bags, etc. It's far more complex to use vs using a fox v8 harness, or even a painless wiring harness (although I've heard plenty of issues when using these too)

You'll need to convert the cobra motor to a fox motor as well. Accessory setup, 93 cobra upper and fox style throttle body. Shorter fox bellhousing and input shaft, etc. Double hump X member, etc etc.

Again, not an impossible swap, but you'll need to chase down a lot of parts and wiring and such

IMG_20141120_012928166_HDR.jpg
its my current daily driver i actually amoked a large deer with it bought all ford replacement pieces sent to frame machine found out itd been wrecked previously quite bad and although its straight its not the same in many ways. My plan was to buy a nice k member with control arms and coil overs i have a tko meant for foxbody and literally run every piece of the car from electrical dash gauges and should i need a different intake(i cant see why using everything sn95, id get a trick flow or system max but i truly cannot se it being an issue explain how with all myc current components. Again thanks in advance and let me. Ill have oem cobra bumpers hood lights and lol clean titled shell up for the cheap