sn95 10s on the back of foxbodys

leroy93lx

Jun 24, 2007
Indiana
I am seeing this a ton and love it. im about to order 18"Fooses for a 93 coupe. i want the fat lip look but have clearance issues due to how low the car is. I know to roll the lip and everything but i am wanting to have the wheel and 285 35 tire tucked under the car, inside the wheel well. i still have drums also. anyone with recommendations or past experince ? any thoughts or advice would be appreciated :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I agree, there isnt much side to side room for them at all. It's a good thing I am not a huge corner carver just yet. With the wheels I run I actually have intentions of throwing a small spacer on when I get my extended studs. They can stand to move an 1/8th inch out or so.

I agree with the side to side movement. If they will rub they will rub on turning. If you use a spacer I would used extended lugs for extra safety. That way you will get more turns on the lug nut. I want the 17x10.5 for my notch but I am afraid they will rub, any experience with 10.5" rims....?

Also my coupe has drag launch suspension, no corner carving for me. will the trac bar be an issue with that type of setup? I hate to be a pain about this subject, but does anybody have a good pic of a 18x9 with 255-35s on the front of a lowered lx? i dont ask for much!! sorry

It's not done... but it has 18x9 Bullitts out front with 255/35/18 Falkens. Out back it has 18x10 DD Bullitts with 285/35/18 Falkens. Enjoy, and I will know better how they fit when I get to drive the stupid thing.

510784_498_full.jpg

510784_499_full.jpg

510784_503_full.jpg

Hey the 2-tone is looking good. I haven't seen these pics of it before. Whether this means anything to anyone or not, I work with a lot of guys from a few hot rod shops designing paint schemes and one-off complete cars and I think you're ride looks great and stands out. I saw on a previous post that some people were slamming it and you handled that nicely.
Anyways, not to hijack the post here -
I've been back and forth on 10s out back. I think they will fit but you need to make a little room. I've been advised to go rear coilover and you can cut away the shock mount out back to help clear more romm on a lowered car. I plan on going 2' down so I cannot have rubbing. The wheels I will be choosing from will be a bit more expensive than any of the OEM style wheels but I can spec out whatever B.S. I want. That makes fitting a 9" wide up front much easier.
Like many others have said before - measure, measure again, measure again, do your research. Looking at cars at shows helps with ideas too as far as what fits.

Thanks Johnny, I appreciate the compliment. To be honest I love when people like the look of the car, but dont mind that it is not for everyone. I did paint the car Gold, so some wont like it. Its what I want but not for everyone.

The reason I run 10" wheels (not everyones reason) is because I LOVE deep dish. I didnt care too much on how wide of a tire I ran (I only did 285s so they sit somewhat square on the rim) but more on the deep dish look! Again not everyones reason but thats mine.

Raising the car up isnt an option. it took alot of time and work to get the stance it has and i love it.My only reason for wanting 10s is my choice of wheel ,Foose Nitrous, it is offered in 9s and 10s any other size is a custom order that equals BIG MONEY!!! im checking other options now. i appreciate everyones ideas and hints. 8s and 9.5 billet specialties may be the next option :bang:

Thanks Monkey, I will probably hold off a week or so until it's all finished up.

As far as getting the 18s in there, I bought 94/95 brake stuff, and fox length axles. With all that in there the wheels and tires bolted on. I cannot go lock to lock, but the same holds true on my car with 17x9s and even pony wheels. Out back the drivers side wheel sits closer than the passenger side, and they might rub on steep angles or real hard turns, but I have yet to drive the car.

The fender lips are rolled, quad shocks are gone, and I have 3" tailpipes that route slightly different. Not a lot of work in my eyes to get the deep dish wheels out back.