Sn95 to fox body throttle body conversion

are you saying the stock tb is a poor quality or any throttle body for the fox being use on the SN95 is a bad idea to use?
Sorry, I've been on vacation, and not been on here in awhile. The throttle linkage on the foxbody is a poor design. So it is independent of which brand of throttle body you use. The SN throttle body was updated to fix this problem. So unless you have a need for like a 90mm throttle body, which they don't make an SN version of, there is no advantage to putting a foxbody throttle body on the car.

Kurt

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Sorry, I've been on vacation, and not been on here in awhile. The throttle linkage on the foxbody is a poor design. So it is independent of which brand of throttle body you use. The SN throttle body was updated to fix this problem. So unless you have a need for like a 90mm throttle body, which they don't make an SN version of, there is no advantage to putting a foxbody throttle body on the car.

Kurt
yes that's what I've pretty much gathered over the past few weeks. Matter of fact it seems anything over a 75 for an SN you'll have to do the conversion; maybe actually over 70 as most of the intakes for SN's are going to be 70mm correct? If you went with a 75 I guess it'd make sense to port the intake tb opening?

But all in all I'll likely just go 70 tb anyway

Reactions: 1 user
yes that's what I've pretty much gathered over the past few weeks. Matter of fact it seems anything over a 75 for an SN you'll have to do the conversion; maybe actually over 70 as most of the intakes for SN's are going to be 70mm correct? If you went with a 75 I guess it'd make sense to port the intake tb opening?

But all in all I'll likely just go 70 tb anyway

Good choice. I have 70mm on mine, and it's definitely not the restriction that's keeping me under 500hp. You can get a 75mm throttle body. I think the Trick Flow elbow might be 75mm, but don't quote me on that.

Kurt