Progress Thread Snow - 93 GT Vert. My first Ford, Mustang, convertible, ...

• Sponsors (?)

JAA, just read the whole thread from beginning to current.

Great job on all of the updates to Snow! What differences do you feel while driving now with the subframe connectors and the GT40 heads / intake? Are these noticeable improvements to normal driving?
Thanks

I’m still just feeling it out. I think I can feel significant increase past 3k rpm. Though conjecture at this point. In the lower rpm bands I don’t think I feel anything.

Regarding the SBC, I don’t notice anything. I think the truth is I don’t ride the car hard in general, def not around corners. I’ll start opening it up more after an oil change. But I’m general I’m not much of an aggressive driver.

Oof
IMG_3673.jpeg

IMG_3674.jpeg

What I think happened …

My serpentine belt was just out of tension spec on the tensioner. I believe my “spirited” drive home caused enough vibration to shake and shear 2 bolts.

Then water pump stopped working and over pressurized. Hence the overflow leak.

Lol - lesson #1:

Being 1/8” outside the tensioner is the MAX outside you can be. This pick shows the backstop of the tensioner is at the end. So no, I wasn’t 1/8 I was at the end and I could have been completely loose as the guage wasn’t able to show me.

IMG_3688.jpeg

Funny story. So when a boot shears but isn’t rusted, it may be super easy to get out. So easy that when you start drilling it, it literally starts turning. Catch it quick though, it will start tightening!

IMG_3690.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user