Progress Thread Snow - 93 GT Vert. My first Ford, Mustang, convertible, ...

• Sponsors (?)

That's a bracket for an LX... it's not designed for the GT bumper.
Says it fits but you have to trim the tabs.
IMG_8957.jpeg

Some states with Antique or " special " plates with the front license requirement, allow the car to have a rear only plate... I know Oregon does that..

Mass does not.

They are sticklers for the front plates here. I’ve probably been pulled over 20+ times for it. Eventually I just put one on and got a Mustang related vanity plate

MA antique plates are actually more restrictive. You don’t want them.

Reactions: 1 user
Knock on wood

Put plates on with some Velcro. Got it inspected at a friendly place. Sticker is set

Went to the Friday night car show. Pulled the plate off of Velcro before I went. No issues.

Opened the car up a bit. So far so good. It’s driving well and no real issues. I do think I have some sort of vacuum leak as sometimes I get a rough/high idle on start. Last time I did a vacuum leak all was fine except the EGR. I’ll revisit another time as it’s really not a big deal. Gonna change the oil in the coming weeks, it’s about time.

How about a little trivia, saw this Foxbody at the car show. Never seen this style before. Who can explain it?

IMG_4711.jpeg

That was when Ford was in the midst of converting from sealed beam lights to “aero” style lights. All lights need to be approved by whatever regulating body does that. The new 1984 SVO was intended to have flush mount lights but they weren’t approved yet, so ford had to cobble up the old sealed beam style light until mid 1985 when they were finally approved and installed.

At least that’s the story I heard….

That was when Ford was in the midst of converting from sealed beam lights to “aero” style lights. All lights need to be approved by whatever regulating body does that. The new 1984 SVO was intended to have flush mount lights but they weren’t approved yet, so ford had to cobble up the old sealed beam style light until mid 1985 when they were finally approved and installed.

At least that’s the story I heard….
Approved by OUR Government...... Went through the same thing with " European" headlights on Porsche's

Excellent ride and show this morning. Unfortunately was sponsored by a Miata club. Can only look at so many of those.

Car ride fantastic. Knock on wood.

Anyone have tips/tricks for getting this broken piece to stay in place?
IMG_4716.jpeg

So I think Im ready for the next step for Snow. Gonna need some help on which direction to take. I have updated my signature with the mods I think have been done. Here is my question:

What would you recommend for the cheapest way to 400rwhp?

First, no NOS. Second, I want to try and keep the T5 in place, I realize this may not work out in the long run. That said, Ive been reading about a lot of different options, but I think I dont want to spend big bucks on some of the more elequoent choices. So my question is to the group, what do you believe is the cheapest path to 400 at the wheels? Im happy to rebuild items to save money, though rebuild kits should be factored in.

Thanks!

Yup. And ofcourse you’ll need to consider supporting mods. Fuel, tuning or Fmu, etc. You’re probably close enough to Performance dyno in London, NH. He’s a great foxbody tuner and reasonably priced if you decide to go that route.