SO im driving down the highway and i see this ricer....

Hell yeah. I've looked into different kits before but i have never seen one on a fuel injected mustang. Where did you get yoour kit from and have you ever had any problems with it? Thanks bro.

• Sponsors (?)

Please correct me if this is not the case. My biggest pet peave is people that dont have road manors. If you were traveling in the left lane and he came up behind you you should have pulled to the right lane. He probably flashed you to tell you to move over. If you refused to move then that is impolite. When I see a car in the left lane with a line of cars behind and no one in front I purposely will pull infront of him and slow down untill he pulls over, freeing up the left lane for the rest of us that have road manors.

I dont think this is the case for you but just what I concluded from reading your post.

getting on someones bumper and flashing your brights is hardly manors..

but i was rofl after reading that.. thats mint.. and that video made those flames look pretty mean, im impressed

That's funny stuff. I bet he didn't expect that. If you can't see thier headlights then that is way too close. Yes you should not block the far left lane, if you were, but driving that close on your bumper wasn't exactly safe.

You should get a bumper sticker that says "If your car is on fire your too close"

Flames :) ha ha ha ha

I have a friend who has a jeep grand cherokee and loves to race rice, WTF. He still kills them with that V8.

He has a neighbor that has a neon that has a 5' monster tach and speed stripes and thinks his Neon is the sh i z n i t z. WTF. I hate those people. I roast them on these Illinois countlry roads. Slow azz POS. Why do they try? Stupid F u c k e r s !

lol yeah i can tell you how...here goes i should make a diagram. Ok, i went to autozone and got an old style coil, the round one's like on the old v8's cause there cheap. i mounted that up under my rear bumper and ran a plug wire that i had laying around down to about 1' in from the tip of each exhaust(i spliced one wire into 2, for each pipe) then i drilled a hole on the inside of the pipe around the same size as a set of sparkplugs that i had for my old motor. i just then spot welded them in. you cant even see it unless you look under. Now for the ignition part... i went up to radio shack and got a really small momentary micro switch that i mounted under my steering column. I also got a "ice cube" relay with a 12v coil. Next, i located the ground signal going to the coil on the motor, and ran that throug a N.C. relay contact. and also with a common, N.O. contact i ran a wire back to the rear-coil. i energized the relay with that micro switch. and the rear-coil also requires a constant 12v. So basically this, when its running normally, the signal comes from the dist, and goes through the normally closed contact on the relay to the coil, the 5.0 runs fine, Now when i hit the little red button, it pulls in the coil on the realy, and diverts the ground signal to the rear coil instead of the engine one, effectivly shutting down the spark and keeping the motor pumping fuel. the spark plugs light, fuel meets em a bam flames, as a side note, you must floor the car for longest flame action because more air in gets more fuel out. also, dont do it too much cause its bad for the motor, and you can get gas in the oil. but its all in good fun. ask me if you dont understand, its sorta hard to explain.

Yea my buddies 96 gt used to blow out 2 foot flames when he put his pro-chamber on. I then got one and mine did the same thing. Little timing adjustment and a tune up and it stopped. When it was still doing it I almost lit my buddies integra on fire in a race it scared his to the point of turning pail. Great job man some people deserve to get scared like that when they don't act right.

type911 said:
Please correct me if this is not the case. My biggest pet peave is people that dont have road manors. If you were traveling in the left lane and he came up behind you you should have pulled to the right lane. He probably flashed you to tell you to move over. If you refused to move then that is impolite. When I see a car in the left lane with a line of cars behind and no one in front I purposely will pull infront of him and slow down untill he pulls over, freeing up the left lane for the rest of us that have road manors.

I dont think this is the case for you but just what I concluded from reading your post.

if you got behind me and flashed and tailgated i would slow you down to 30 on the freeway.

You are the impolite one driving like a child

go the hell around or SLOW DOWN especially if you get off your next exit

the difference between 60 and 90 mph in 1 mile is 20 seconds.

you are going to to lose all of that time you gained speeding at the next light or stopsign. a little math would make people safer drivers. I cant stand peopel like you.

95snoozer said:
if you got behind me and flashed and tailgated i would slow you down to 30 on the freeway.

You are the impolite one driving like a child

go the hell around or SLOW DOWN especially if you get off your next exit

the difference between 60 and 90 mph in 1 mile is 20 seconds.

you are going to to lose all of that time you gained speeding at the next light or stopsign. a little math would make people safer drivers. I cant stand peopel like you.
Two over-reactions in a row. What, are we suddenly corral.net here? :rolleyes:

I believe there are two issues here. First is "road manners", second is safety. I believe it is impolite to block someone approaching in your lane, especially if you're in the fast lane. However, it's unsafe to tailgate at ANY speed.

95snoozer, slowing down that far below the speed limit is just as dangerous as tailgating. I feel it's more dangerous, but that's my opinion. Does being tailgated tick me off? Heck yes. Is it worth teaching a "child" proper "road manners", if someone plows into both of you at 60+ mph, wrecking your 'stang? :eek: Hell no.

And speaking of math, here's something else to think about. You are right, the difference between 60 and 90 mph in 1 mile is 20 seconds. Especially if you're going to take the next exit, it's stupid and a waste of gas. But, travelling at 60 mph for 1 mile is 60 seconds. That's a gain of 33% at 90 mph. Extrapolating that out, if you drive for 10 miles at 90 mph, you gain 200 seconds over someone driving 60 mph. That's a gain of 3 minutes and 20 seconds. A lot more than the time spent waiting at a single stop light or stop sign.

Of course, this is just math we're talking about. There are other safety factors to consider. Simply speeding is not as dangerous to me as weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, and generally endangering everyone on the road. What's the old saying...? "Anyone driving faster than you is a maniac; anyone driving slower than you is an idiot." :mad:

95snoozer, you most certainly have the right to think the way you do. And you are more than welcome to drive the speed limit if you want to. But you can't control other people and stop them from speeding. Is it really that much of an inconvenience to move over, just for a few seconds? It's a lot safer then watching them weave their way through traffic to get around you.

Oops, forgot to add this. Let's end this on a humorous note:

http://6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8453

its not a convenience, i dont drive 70 in the left lane. but if you intensionally get behind someone and flash your lights when there are other open lanes you can go around them, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

yes i reacted harshley because i was coming back from austin the other day and this guy did just that! there was a car going 70 in the left lane (in a 65) and the center and right lanes were open. there was some deuchebag in a truck in the center lane who sped up and got behind the guy in the left and started flashing his lights and riding 10 feet from hthe bumper. he moved from and OPEN lane to do this. I saw this and couldnt believe it. I then just continued to drive and i had to move over into the center lane. He got behind me after a minute. I was doing 75 and moving along well. until we came upon a group of slow carswe got stuck at 65. he then got on my ass and came so close i couldnt even see his headlights. I grazed the brake pedal for him to back up. I dindt slow at all, just lit the lights up. He did nothing. So i then slowed down to have room to change lanes, downshifted and passed the slow cars so i could go around and get in the slow lane. so i am minding my own business and he follows and gets beside me and SWERVES at me hard into my lane trying to run me off the road. Me being a cynic i just kept driving and didnt evenmove when he came at me. but that is BULL*****. my girlfriend was in the car and i dont want her to have to deal with that. It took some agressive driving to get away from that guy and i dont ever want to put someone i lobe in that situation. the whole time i was apologizing to her.

according to his post he has the same mentality as this A hole. I dont know if yall know but we have undercover road rage troopers in unmarked random cars all up and down 35 because People have SHOT others while doing 65 on the highway for simple everyday BS. I think drivers should take a tolerance leve test before getting their license:rlaugh:

and that 200 seconds or 3 minutes.... does it really matter? NOunless you have a teacher who locks the door if your late or a punchclock that will get you a write up if your not in at the dot at work. People needs to relax inlife and realize the rush rush is bad for your health. is a 225 dollar wreckless driving (30 over) ticket worth the 3 minutes faster? NO, and you risk this on a daily basis if you drive like that.

next time you get stuck behind someone slow, wsit back, turn up the tunes and just enjoy being in your car.

95snoozer said:
and that 200 seconds or 3 minutes.... does it really matter? NOunless you have a teacher who locks the door if your late or a punchclock that will get you a write up if your not in at the dot at work. People needs to relax inlife and realize the rush rush is bad for your health. is a 225 dollar wreckless driving (30 over) ticket worth the 3 minutes faster? NO, and you risk this on a daily basis if you drive like that.

next time you get stuck behind someone slow, wsit back, turn up the tunes and just enjoy being in your car.

:nice: i'm with snoozer all the way

btw greenmustanggt, always liked the flames, thought about it on mine, but i'm not gonna drill a hole in my new flows so that idea went out the window... i've had ur vid on my comp for a while now.

95snoozer said:
its not a convenience, i dont drive 70 in the left lane. but if you intensionally get behind someone and flash your lights when there are other open lanes you can go around them, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

Oh, I agree 100%. And if you tailgate, yo have a problem too. But if you're blocking the fast lane, and there are no other lanes available, then I see no problem with flashing the lights. Since you can't actually talk to the driver in front of you, it's the only way I know of to ask the driver to move over and let you pass.

95snoozer said:
yes i reacted harshley because i was coming back from austin the other day and this guy did just that! there was a car going 70 in the left lane (in a 65) and the center and right lanes were open. there was some deuchebag in a truck in the center lane who sped up and got behind the guy in the left and started flashing his lights and riding 10 feet from hthe bumper. he moved from and OPEN lane to do this. I saw this and couldnt believe it. I then just continued to drive and i had to move over into the center lane. He got behind me after a minute. I was doing 75 and moving along well. until we came upon a group of slow carswe got stuck at 65. he then got on my ass and came so close i couldnt even see his headlights. I grazed the brake pedal for him to back up. I dindt slow at all, just lit the lights up. He did nothing. So i then slowed down to have room to change lanes, downshifted and passed the slow cars so i could go around and get in the slow lane. so i am minding my own business and he follows and gets beside me and SWERVES at me hard into my lane trying to run me off the road. Me being a cynic i just kept driving and didnt evenmove when he came at me. but that is BULL*****. my girlfriend was in the car and i dont want her to have to deal with that. It took some agressive driving to get away from that guy and i dont ever want to put someone i lobe in that situation. the whole time i was apologizing to her.

I had a similar situation, driving from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Two-lanes in both directions, and I'm the only car in sight. This guy comes along and gets on my bumper. I move over, and he passes me. But does he keep going? No. He switches in to my lane, and SLOWS DOWN. He keeps slowing down until I'm forced to switch lanes to pass him. He then switched lanes to get on my bumper again. A-hole. I had my girl in the car too, and she was getting frightened.

I floored it, and he kept on my ass. I finally lost him when we caught up to some traffic. I was able to weave through traffic better than he could, and when he was out of sight I exited the freeway for a few minutes. Never saw him again.

95snoozer said:
according to his post he has the same mentality as this A hole. I dont know if yall know but we have undercover road rage troopers in unmarked random cars all up and down 35 because People have SHOT others while doing 65 on the highway for simple everyday BS. I think drivers should take a tolerance leve test before getting their license:rlaugh:

Better yet, a common-sense test. But common sense and tolerance is different from person to person, and it's a judgement call. No easy way to test for it. :(

95snoozer said:

If you hadn't figured out from my posts here, I speed. Quite a bit, actually. I don't speed just to get somewhere faster, though that's a nice side-benefit. No, I'm a speed freak. I love driving fast (I love driving, period), love feeling I'm at the edge of my "envelope". Better than drugs. :D

I also temper my speed fix with safety. If there's a lot of cars on the road, I won't speed much, or at all. I'm always aware of the cars around me, and I always use my blinker and leave enough space between me and the cars in the lane. My ex-gf had a car phobia (if you ever was in the car with her Mom driving, you'd understand :eek: ), but she was perfectly calm in my 'stang. Even when I was driving 90.

True, speeding is never truly safe. But if you gotta speed, you can at least make it safer.