So proud...

• Sponsors (?)

Yea really it's up to maturity and experience. I would've loved to have a GT when i got my license, but a Geo storm worked fine. I've had 1 speeding ticket (that's not on my record now) in my mustang....pulled over six times, with 4 speeding tickets in the Geo (all outta state). Was it the power? haha i probably didn't have 80hp in that Geo....I'm glad I didn't have the GT though. For one I didn't have the mod bug with the Geo :)

I had and still have an SUV as my first vehicle.

Guess it was better for me to learn in something that was prone to tipping over, stopped like a freight train, and tempted me to go offroad every chance I got...:D

Long story short, I wanted a Mustang as my first car... but im glad I learned in something with a little less power, cause I treated that Jeep like it was a hotrod.

I guess I made it sound like she's spoiled (oh wait, she is, haha), but that wasn't the way she said it. She actually asked if she gets all A's this year and next (which is probably not gonna happen), could she get a V8 (then she said I could pull the V8 out and put in a V12 for her, haha). Anyway, I told her I'd ask her dad and he said "Sure, but if she doesn't get all A's she's getting a minivan" :rlaugh: But he was kidding and she knows I wouldn't let that happen. Anyway, I was planning on a 99-04 either way, v6 or v8, because my car handles alot better with the traction control when it's wet than my 94 did. Did the 96-98's have the traction control?

I've gotten prolly 5 tickets since i've had my liscense (though i dont currently have ne points), all 5 in my beater nissan and none in any of my mustangs. I'm more careful of my speed in the mustang because i know it doesn't take much to go fast. In the nissan, it's like 0-60 in 2 mins. If you teach her to respect the power, it might make her more careful. A V6 stang has enough power to get you in trouble in the rain and snow anyways.

i find this amusingly close to the comparison of having a gun. having a gun means you are prone to violence right? having a gun means you rae prone to kill your neighbor, family, and most people at school/work/the rets home.

i think thats full of crap and if you are taught how to correctly use the gun and the situations of its usage its perfectly fine....

same goes with a V8. get her the NPI, take her to an office parking lot every weekend and go through scenarios. take her to the track once a month... force her to learn when to use power vs finess. try and find an autocross circuit in your area and make her learn how to negotiate turns if you have to steer out of a jam (instead of most people hitting the brakes and ending up in a wreck). and go ahead and upgrade the suspension a bit, as well as tires. grip can be the key to keeping the car stable, and safe.

i never have my TC on, rain, snow, whatever. i can predict my car, i CANT predict that damn computer. its all about time in the seat, and time in conditions that you will need to learn. when/if i have a child i will be working with them every weekend. hone their skills and mind and they will never disapoint you.... leave them be and they will get into trouble V6 or not.

Torinalth

XXMustangRayXX said:
your daughter is the best looking girl ive seen in like forever melinda, plus a mustang...um, you're going to have to lock her in a room or something.
:D Thank you, and I know (about needing to lock her in her room, haha). And what's worse is I've got another one 2 years younger than her that's just as pretty :(

She is getting a Stang either way, there's no doubt there. It's actually been decided that it's up to her whether she gets the GT or V6. If she pulls off all A's in school, she gets the V8 as a reward. If she doesn't, she gets the V6 just because she's a great girl.
I can't really work with her on the driving part, because she is too young to get a permit and wouldn't want to risk having her drive without it being legal, but I was thinking now would be a good time to start teaching her how to change a tire and do basic maintenance work...