So... what's up with flooding in the states??

I didn't hear ANYTHING about this until my speed shop told me they can't get my draglites, aluminum driveshaft and mechanical battery switch in because Pennsylvania is flooded :shrug:

Holy crap!! I almost didn't believe it at first until I looked it up. What the hell's going on down there where you guys keep getting flooded?

• Sponsors (?)

it sucks...:(

i heard some farms lost as much as 50% of their corn crop? maybe more/less i cant recall...its just thunderstorm after thunderstorm in some places...rain rain rain :notnice:

it finally let up today. We got like 12" of rain in a week. Won't really know the extent of the damage until the water recedes. Most places along rivers are well above flood stage. Most of the rivers are expected to crest at some point today or early tomorrow am.

I think in the past 10 days, we've had ONE day where it didn't rain at all. And I may be wrong. When it rains now, it's terrential. We had a hail/thunder/lightning/rain storm a week and a half ago, it was unreal. I think it was 15 minute worth of action that stuffed drainage areas in multiple neighborhoods around here, and therefore flooded them. Definitely not a good way to start my Mustang summer :mad:

here in alabama we have been needing rain bad finally had some this week. we were 2 inches below normal amount for the year... also i installed an aluminum driveshaft last week because a friend owed me money and could not pay so i got his brand new aluminum driveshaft i have not driven it much after install but i was wondering what good is an aluminum driveshaft the only thing i noticed is its 4 pounds lighter does that make a big difference i don't think i would have ever purchased an aluminum driveshaft for the price my friend paid.....

ram360 said:
it finally let up today. We got like 12" of rain in a week. Won't really know the extent of the damage until the water recedes. Most places along rivers are well above flood stage. Most of the rivers are expected to crest at some point today or early tomorrow am.
Ha it rained here for a week straight and then that friday night we got 12 inches of rain in one night. My neighborhood doesn't flood but everything around us does. Saturday was beautiful and stayed nice all night, monday back to the rain lol.

flooded in PA

I go to school at Bloomsburg University which is right near the Susquehanna River and with rain falling since sunday its pretty flooded. They are expacting the water to get about 38' above normal which is about 20' over the flood zone.
I have a bunch of pics that i took today that im going to get developed tomarrow. THere are alot of people that lost their homes and all their stuff in it. I saw houses ripped open from the over flowing rivers and cars suck in ditches and a train that was derailed from flood waters. Very impressive but i had to leave cause water is shut off for the town which sucks, the water treatment centers first floor is completly under water. Hope fully i can get pics up tomarrow so some of you can see the carnage.

Wow, that's nuts hearing all these stories from you guys... I am curious as to what the scientific explanation behind this is. As I said, don't hear much about this kind of stuff in Canada. Pics would be awesome if you get the chance

Regarding the aluminum driveshaft - last time I took my car for a highway trip, it was vibrating so badly that it busted the output shaft seal on my transmission and I was spewing fluid all over the underside and back of my car... I have heard that not every 5.0 has the same amount of trouble, but especially with gears it is noticeable.

Edit: Just saw that you have an SN95... I have a 91 Fox. Could be a difference there as well

paulie_b, couldnt believe it when I saw your profile said Chaptico, MD. I live in Mechanicsville.
Anyway, yeah, the rain has been pretty outrageous, I was shocked it stopped yesterday. Definitely puts a damper on the vert. Plus we have been doing a lot of digging in my yard, so its a total mess.
I should take a pic, its embarrassing. We drained the water to get it as low as it is now, still a foot deep!

thought this was appropriate

end_is_near.png