someone can definetly help me out with thi-possible fuel leak

Jun 20, 2005
ok so i got the pump working, well i hot wired it to work but it primes normal and such. so heres the problem. when i prime the pump i hear a massive air leak at the fuel rail area. there is a loose quick disconnect connector and i can move the inlet line to the fuel rail. my question is, if this is where the leak is, why is no gas leaking there? obviously this is why i have no fuel pressure, however, shouldnt gas still be getting up there?

• Sponsors (?)

scratch that, there is plenty of fuel in the lines to the rail. but the fuel feed line is still loose and i still here air. i put a new connector on it but it still has a little play, god i hate quick disconnect bs.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If so, how much pressure are you pushing? If not, how do you know it's not getting pressure? Have you pulled the fuel rails and primed it to see if it will shoot fuel? That may not be the safest nor cleanest way to tell, but that will tell if gas is getting up there.

I don't understand how you simply put a new quick disconnect on the fuel line. I also don't understand why you would hear an air leak from your fuel line? Perhaps it's from something else. Even still, if you did have an air leak, it would probably also leak fuel.

I want to help you, but it just doesn't make sense. This is the 84 in your sig right? I don't know anything about 84's, so that may explain some of my questions.

i dont have a gauge, but its getting pressure now and the air leak cant be from where i thought. i really dont know how to explain it better but i can hear air when the pump primes, and its comming from the fuel rail area, but there is no fuel leak. ill have to check the pressure but im definetly getting fuel to the rails now. yes its an 84 turbo