Spec stage II or III?

Bundmar

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
Ontario, Canada
should I go with a Spec stage II or Stage III clutch? I had a Centerforce dual fricition and its slipping bad. I beat on the car quite a bit and race it at the track often. I have a KB S/C making 390RWTQ
also is it worth it to go with a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel?

• Sponsors (?)

Iv heard ALOT of bad about centerforce...from local guys, and online. One guy said he wouldnt give the penny in his pocket for one...and if its slipping (stock clutches have held up to that) then those are no good.

+1 on spec stg 3....they can take up to 650RWTQ. PLENTY for your needs.

hotmustang331 said:
Iv heard ALOT of bad about centerforce...from local guys, and online. One guy said he wouldnt give the penny in his pocket for one...and if its slipping (stock clutches have held up to that) then those are no good.

+1 on spec stg 3....they can take up to 650RWTQ. PLENTY for your needs.

+1 on that, haha. I make 500bhp and stock clutch (21k miles) with NO slip, and I beat the S**T out of it:rlaugh:

+2 on the Spec Stg 3 or 3+

I would NEVER put a Spec clutch on my car they are horrible.
A Centerforce DFX clutch would be a better choice for your car.
I just bought a Centerforce clutch for my mustang and will be
installing it very soon. :nice:

hi, i hate centerforce clutches they are suck they slip...
i bet a king cobra hold that power or get spec stage 2 thats enough stage 3 is more for racing and for much more power...

Pennywise2 said:
I would NEVER put a Spec clutch on my car they are horrible.
A Centerforce DFX clutch would be a better choice for your car.
I just bought a Centerforce clutch for my mustang and will be
installing it very soon. :nice:
you don't know what you are doing "A Centerforce DFX clutch would be a better choice for your car":rlaugh: :lol: :eek: :bang: :Zip2:

stangGT97 said:
oh my god. I didn't know they were that strong! sweet

Yeah, it all depends on how lucky you get I guess :D Or...I have an aftermarket clutch and just don't know it because I've never dropped the trans in my car....but I doubt that as I bought it with 4100 miles off the dealers lot as a managers demo car. :nice:

I don't know what all the complaining about Spec is about. I have a Stage 3 and there is no chatter, and the pedal is slightly stiffer then stock.

The clutch grabs hard yet still slips enough to be very streetable.

superstang01 said:
If i went with a spec stage 3 clutch i woudl also upgrade motor and tranny mounts. A guy i know with a 95gt had a stage 3 in his car ,and when he dropped the clutch at about 5000rpm's his motor and tranny literally fell on the ground:jaw:

ew

So than it would be better to go with a Stage II?

I assume it's better than a stock clutch. I just fried mine and have no idea what they put in. I figure this one will go quick and then look for a serious one.

So if a guy's street and not quite 400bhp, a Stage II should be fine?

GDawg said:
So than it would be better to go with a Stage II?

I assume it's better than a stock clutch. I just fried mine and have no idea what they put in. I figure this one will go quick and then look for a serious one.

So if a guy's street and not quite 400bhp, a Stage II should be fine?
I would think so..I'm needing a new clutch, and was wondering about RAM also..:shrug: