Speed Density vs MAF

Has me rethinking my plan for my 347& vortech.. Originally planned on quarter horse & leech.... Then changed to termX when those both became unavailable... Now I'm not sure what to do
FWIW, my QH on the J4J1 for my vortech 302 has been very good. Tuned by Willie Lynch and car makes low 400 to the wheels and nice and safe so far. I do worry about my tuning becoming obsolete.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Has me rethinking my plan for my 347& vortech.. Originally planned on quarter horse & leech.... Then changed to termX when those both became unavailable... Now I'm not sure what to do
You can still get and use a term x . In stock is a different story .

I’m not a huge term x fan but I will use it and it does work well when you use it correctly and know what’s going on . Thats ANY standalone . Hp and dominator are where it’s at still with Holley . My cars had a Holley hp in it since 2018 .

There are plenty of options . One guys opinion is not the mass on Holley units . I use and install them . I will say it went down hill when the term x came into play . The budget ecu and budget market made Holley have to bite off more then they can chew .

Reactions: 1 users
My only complaint with Holley is that they assume you know their system and how it operates. If you don't, it can be a frustrating experience. I asked a question on the Holley Tech Forum and the Forum Moderator's answer was "it is in the manual". OK, where in the manual? I don't see it. His answer was "you need to look for it". Brilliant. I actually had to ask him to treat me as an idiot and please point out the specific spot. I said that it might be obvious to him, but for me it was not. He finally showed me where it was. Which was great, but I would never have found it because of what you had to click on find it. There was nothing in the directions anywhere that said you could do that. If you don't know, you don't know. Now that I know, it makes it easier to navigate.
Holley could make things a lot easier if they had much more detailed directions.
Having used a FAST XFI for years with no issues, coming over to Holley was very frustrating. Everything they do is different. You get used to one way and trying to navigate a different platform can be taxing. Kind of like when I went to work at a Chevrolet Dealership after years of Ford Dealership experience. Having to re-lean diagnostic procedures with GM was as frustrating as it gets. Nothing is cut and dried. Even the Shop Foreman, who has been working for GM for 30 years said that you have to ignore the service manual most times because it will lead you in circles. Fantastic. Almost every procedure in a GM service manual will have you taking un-necessary steps. If you are trying to make warranty time in a flat rate environment using GM procedures, you will lose your ass every time.

FAST and Haltech are top notch systems. IMO, and again one man's 2 cents., if i were to go with a stand alone system I would probably bite the bullet and go Pro M. I know tech is limited to Jim but the system is about as plug and play as it gets and the quality is 2nd to none.

My only complaint with Holley is that they assume you know their system and how it operates. If you don't, it can be a frustrating experience. I asked a question on the Holley Tech Forum and the Forum Moderator's answer was "it is in the manual". OK, where in the manual? I don't see it. His answer was "you need to look for it". Brilliant. I actually had to ask him to treat me as an idiot and please point out the specific spot. I said that it might be obvious to him, but for me it was not. He finally showed me where it was. Which was great, but I would never have found it because of what you had to click on find it. There was nothing in the directions anywhere that said you could do that. If you don't know, you don't know. Now that I know, it makes it easier to navigate.
Holley could make things a lot easier if they had much more detailed directions.
Having used a FAST XFI for years with no issues, coming over to Holley was very frustrating. Everything they do is different. You get used to one way and trying to navigate a different platform can be taxing. Kind of like when I went to work at a Chevrolet Dealership after years of Ford Dealership experience. Having to re-lean diagnostic procedures with GM was as frustrating as it gets. Nothing is cut and dried. Even the Shop Foreman, who has been working for GM for 30 years said that you have to ignore the service manual most times because it will lead you in circles. Fantastic. Almost every procedure in a GM service manual will have you taking un-necessary steps. If you are trying to make warranty time in a flat rate environment using GM procedures, you will lose your ass every time.
That's likely because he didn't understand the system either. You know... One of those people whose [expertise] doesn't stand up to questions.

FAST and Haltech are top notch systems. IMO, and again one man's 2 cents., if i were to go with a stand alone system I would probably bite the bullet and go Pro M. I know tech is limited to Jim but the system is about as plug and play as it gets and the quality is 2nd to none.
Fast was great for its time . It does work but it’s archaic at this point .

Haltech and fueltech both make great products. Motec as well .

Reactions: 1 user