North East SSoM Members!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hope everyone had a great christmas. I heard about that driver in Raymond bryan, really is to bad.

I got enough in sears gift cards to get the rechargeable impact wrench I want. No more busting my balls at the track changing my tires over.

nice present to have, Travis.
I bought a rolling tool chest from Sears. Should arrive at the store in about a week. About time I consolidate a couple of tool boxes and have the ability to lock it all up.
Also got a garage door opener this weekend and put that up on the side where my car is. That is another thing that was long overdue.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My fun and excitement today was replacing the kitchen faucet and replacing some of the tubing. So far so good. I don't see anything leaking. Soldering is fun or maybe its just the fact of playing with fire that is fun.

your pipes aren't that old. How do you get a bunch of muck in there?
When I removed the old shut off valves under the sink, there was some crud built up in there. I assume its sediment from years of use. I replaced those and the very small bendable copper lines that led from those up to the faucet. I went with larger diameter braided stainless lines. I got tired of it taking forever to fill the sink with water so I went with the larger lines. Now I have much better volume without a loss in pressure. Plus I cleaned the sink with Bartender's Helper and everything looks brand new now.
Another reason to replace the faucet was the sprayer hadn't worked in years. Feels real good getting some of these projects done finally. :)

You are right Bryan, my pipes are not that old. I slightly exaggerated the extent of the muck, but while replacing the leaky faucet, I also replaced the sink drain pipe and the one below it as well. I am lead to believe that the root of the problem is actually the filtration system at the sink level, as well as the filtration at the home entry level.. I am going to start by getting my water tested and seeing what I really need to filter for.

I am going to start by getting my water tested and seeing what I really need to filter for.
could be some sediment. My mother's well has problems with that. She has a simple filter to screen out the rocks. It has a see through bowl so you can see how much is in there and then flush it out by opening a valve.
Good luck. Hopefully its nothing major. Have you checked the screens on the back of the washer machine and the aerators on the faucet heads?
Gunk in the drains of the sink is to be expected though. Soap and dirt buildup over time makes a gross slimy mess. Love cleaning the hair out of the drain in the shower. Really slimy when you have to remove that screen in the bottom of the tub than reach down to scoop out the hair and the big snotty mess attached to it.

When reading yesterdays paper there was news in the car section about the new 5.0L Mustang engine. 412hp! The V6 has over 300hp! The 2011 model is looking pretty good. To do this and still have good fuel economy, rocks! Just think what a little boost will do. Plus the stang is lighter than the camaro and mopar.

I'll write that number down so I can start submitting it to some gay **** websites! :D

Still waiting for my toolchest to come in. Supposed to be delivered to the store yesterday but that didn't happen.
Going to start looking at houses tomorrow. Saw one real nice one online with a huge 3 car garage and a in-law apartment above. We figured its a good time to find a deal plus capitalize on the low interest rates.

good time to look while they are cheap. I got a cordless impact gun from sears but it wont be available until April. no more wrenching the lugs nuts off at the track. I bought it I just have to wait for it to get here.