North East SSoM Members!!!

forcedinductee said:
what time tomorrow at kennebunk?

Sorry, if I don't know who you are. But if you like I can meet you there on my way down. I will have a black chevy truck loaded with parts. I plan to show my car on sunday. I will be there around 6:45am. Let me know if you want to meet me there and what car I'am looking for. Mike will already be down there and Travis will be going sunday. It will be a horrible showing for the SSOM crue this year :( . At least the best looking car will be there :D .
 
Striped5.0 said:
That guy must have been riding pretty early in the yr to hit a frost heave. or just was not fimilar w/ where he was and was just going to fast to be thrown off the bike.
Yes it was early in the year. I think it happened in April a few years ago. Once you hit a warm spell and the snow is off the roads a lot of bikers want to take the first ride of the season. Unfortuately you run into frost heaves and lots of sand in the road.
 
Striped5.0 said:
The break in period is 600 miles and not going over 6,000 RPMS, seems kinda weird b/c my car tached out at 6,000 and this one redlines at 15,000 :D
smaller engines have to rev higher to make any decent power. The lighter weight the recipricating mass the higher it should be able to rev. Provided the parts are strong enough.
 
OK fellas, I'll try to give you the low down on today at FFW. NO MIKE SHAW TODAY!!!
It stayed dry for most of the day, there was a little delay in the morning. I sold a good number of parts, but wish I could have unloaded some of my bigger parts. It's amazing what you think people won't buy and what they actually will buy. I had some awesome deals, but it seems some of these people didn't know any different :rolleyes: .
After I packed my stuff up, I went around real quick to check things out. Travis, there was a 2000 Cobra R there!!! I saw mainestreet king run and Steve with the yellow 95'. I have to say next year we should enter the True street!!! Looks like alot of fun. Mainestreetking ran like a 10.6 at 132 and Steve ran a 10.1 at over 130mph. His car now has a turbo. There were quite a few cars with those gull wing doors. Seems to be the hip thing now. There was a F250 with tires that were like 5' tall. The truck was so high, I couldn't believe it. I'll have to get pics tomorrow.
You guys remember the kid that always followed shaw around? Well he wreck his Mach 1 and a guy Brent from Canada bought it. This guy was the guy with the turbo fox that bryan and I talked to last year. Anyway, he fixed it and it looks awesome. The kid now has a 04' orange Cobra, which he ran a 13.1 at 109mph.
There are more vendors there this year and alot of nice cars. Too bad none of you went. Hopefully tomorrow will go well. I'll bring my camera to get some pics.
 
gaslight said:
Love that feeling of no control with the bike wandering all over the place.

I remember one time when a bunch of us took a trip to Cadillac Mountain as we got close to Bar Harbor the temp dropped about 15degs and the wind was blowing so hard that we were all leaning so far into the wind just to go straight. that was a weird felling leaning into a turn and going straight. It was also kinda dangerous because when you would hit a spot where the wind stopped blowing you were heading for the ditch very quickly. We had to ride single file because it was so bad
 
Not sure how the weather is going to be tomorrow but Ive heard that its going to be worse then it was today. Hope not b/c Id like to see some drag racing.

Tonights ride home was no fun. I did not think it was going to be as rainy as it was. Guess I took for granted all the real nice weather we have had over the past 3 wks. I stayed dry for the most part my jacket did a good job of that. I could see alot better w/ my face shield up but then the rain drops felt like someone throwing darts at my face. first time riding in the rain, guess I had to sooner or later but I did fine, not like I was driving the bike hard or anything. Only thing I dont like about it is that my ass is always soar after riding it ( go ahead do what you can w/ that one :rolleyes: ) I just need to get used to it, other then that I love it. If I had the option to take the car back and give the bike back and break even Id take the bike hands down. Its just so much more fun the the stang was.
 
Striped5.0 said:
Only thing I dont like about it is that my ass is always soar after riding it ( go ahead do what you can w/ that one :rolleyes: ) I just need to get used to it, other then that I love it. If I had the option to take the car back and give the bike back and break even Id take the bike hands down. Its just so much more fun the the stang was.
Not like those bikes are built for comfort on the long haul. Hope you didn't have back problems before you bought it.
 
Shaw probably didn't show up because the weather sucked up in his area. I went up to Gardiner then down to Lewiston yesterday. Rained most of the time.


Fred....I remember riding at getting hit with gusts of wind. Kind of weird having to lean into the wind to keep going straight. Sometimes I think it would be fun to ride again but I wouldn't use the bike very often and I could use the money for other things instead.
 
whitehorseupnorth said:
I saw mainestreet king run and Steve with the yellow 95'. I have to say next year we should enter the True street!!! Looks like alot of fun.
I do remember asking if you would enter. Do you have to have a wastegate that is muffled?

whitehorseupnorth said:
You guys remember the kid that always followed shaw around? Well he wreck his Mach 1 and a guy Brent from Canada bought it. This guy was the guy with the turbo fox that bryan and I talked to last year. Anyway, he fixed it and it looks awesome. The kid now has a 04' orange Cobra.
You talking about Little Feet? Was the cute red head still with him? I wanted to rip her panties off and do nasty things with her. :D
 
gaslight said:
Not like those bikes are built for comfort on the long haul. Hope you didn't have back problems before you bought it.


I went for a 60 mile ride this afternoon and I was a little uncomfortable when I got home but it was the first time I have ridden for that long either. I know it wont be the best thing to ride on but I also realize that my body is still getting used to it as well.