Stangnet '69 Fastback buildup

• Sponsors (?)

I've actually wondered why you guys hadn't done an early model build up (at least recently). I'm pretty psych'd... I'll be following the build up, so post lots of pics and updates. Oh, if you're taking suggestions about wheels, I like the look of those 18x9 Halibrand Cobra IIIs... :nice:

Stuff to put on it

CH & MR:

If you've been keeping tabs on our tech forums here, you'll recall we've had some great threads on brakes, steering, and handling. I have used them many times in my writing for the various Classic Mustangs Magazines I write for.

I think it would be EXTREMELY neat to try to incorporate some systems developed by members here, as long as they are safe, for sale to the public, and properly thought out. A few members here have developed steering systems, and I think it would be great if one of our own got the nod there.

Many of us have also worked on brakes and suspension.

I would prefer to see this project be a "Real" Car, capable of being built by anyone on the forum, rather than another e-bay one-off show car none of us here can build. Yes, make it a modern build, lot's of eye candy, but keep your forum members in mind.

As for the color, only one can be sprayed on:

Indian Fire! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Swede958 said:
I've got one suggestion... for the front suspension maybe look into these guys. Saw them on corner-carvers.com Set up looks pretty trick, be nice to see how it fits and works..

http://www.rrs-online.com/html/products.htm

Coil over front suspension with PBR calipers for about 2K for the basic package if memory serves..

Just a humble request.
THe Swede

I second this :D Looks to me like some more fine Aussie products! :nice: