StangNet's 1986 GT Project

Progress Thread Stangnet's 1986 Gt Project

• Sponsors (?)

Who was it that had the ct 'walks into lift arms' ? :chin
That was me. That concussion messed me up pretty good. It's when progress on ElSuperPinto ground to a halt, it's when I quit enjoying working on cars for a living, and it straight up changed my personality and made me more of an *******.

Believe it or not I plan to have the 86 finished this spring. I had run into a lot of land infrastructure projects building out on my property.

Also for those that peek in here, I have been working on this and expect to see a lot more information on it soon, once car shows crank back up.

Mike

Believe it or not I plan to have the 86 finished this spring. I had run into a lot of land infrastructure projects building out on my property.

Also for those that peek in here, I have been working on this and expect to see a lot more information on it soon, once car shows crank back up.

Mike
That app looks pretty cool but I'm too paranoid to use it.
Now where did I put my tin foil hat?
I already looked on my head, not there. :scratch:

Don't be paranoid... the beacon is not a tracker or GPS. It is only used as a pinging device to verify a user with their phone is standing next to it. This way users have to be next to the car to award a trophy. When you checkin using your phone, it only sets your GPS coords to where you are right then, it does not follow nor track. No different that using instagram to say I am here at 'Lucy Lue's Caberet' :p

Imagine being at a show and filtering to show you only 'Green' mustangs or 'Mustangs for Sale'. Or sitting at home and get an alert and see that a Mustang or two has gone live at you local drive in, then you can cruise on over to hang out. It will also be used to allow sponsors to verify that you attended shows and had views and get more free product. ;)

Mike

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
MRaburn updated StangNet's 1986 GT Project with a new update entry:

Back At it! It's been a while but ready to nipp this project in the bud. Door Panels

OK..

Time for updates. I have done some suspension and brake fixes over the last few months and will post those soon. I finally got the interior door panels installed with all new hardware. Panels are from TMI products and the door hardware I got from LMR.

As I move forward I will be posting the updates here and hope to have this car back on the road in 2 months.

IMG_20200805_142718.jpg

IMG_20200805_141744.jpg

Mike
p.s. No the Bronco is not for sale, it's next! :p

Read the rest of this update entry...

MRaburn, sorry to be late to the party, but just ran across this thread. Two questions for you:

1.) The radio in one of your pictures looks like mine, which I always thought was aftermarket. Is it original? Can you take a picture of it?
2.) You mentioned making one hatch from two. Can you expand on that discussion? I need a better hatch, and the three I have aren't all that great.

Bill

@Willybill32

That is the factory radio, see image.
IMG_20200806_123855.jpg

As for the hatch, they tend to rust out at the bottom and also get a rust cancer at the top. So we took a good top side and a good bottom side and split them apart and mated them to have one good one, was not easy and suggest a good metal man to do that job.

Here is a link to my Google Photos album.

Mike

Reactions: 1 user
@Willybill32

That is the factory radio, see image.
IMG_20200806_123855.jpg

As for the hatch, they tend to rust out at the bottom and also get a rust cancer at the top. So we took a good top side and a good bottom side and split them apart and mated them to have one good one, was not easy and suggest a good metal man to do that job.

Here is a link to my Google Photos album.

Mike
Thanks! That looks almost exactly like the radio that came in mine, but mine is an Audiovox unit
IMG_9030.jpg
IMG_9030.jpg
IMG_9029.jpg
IMG_9029.jpg

MRaburn updated StangNet's 1986 GT Project with a new update entry:

Interior Completed - LMR and TMI Products

Thanks to LMR and TMI Products helping us get there. The interior was Red before we started.

I used 'One Hit Wonder' paint to recolor parts, some were original and some parts were too far gone and we sourced these from Prestige Mustang. The One Hit Wonder paint does great and will NOT scratch off... I use if for hydrographics dipping but you can add a hardner and it acts as a one top coat paint. I still plan to tweak on the fabric with steam and try to straighten out some red piping...

Read the rest of this update entry...