Stangs totaled

So Thursday night my friend from school was following behind me...he was a good length behind me and there was a spotlighter stopped on the road in front of me. I stopped for the spotlighter because there were cars coming the other way so I couldnt go around yet, and when I put it in first gear to go out around, bam. He rearended me going between 60-80. Bent the car all the heck. Both quarter panels, axles, springs are completely off, rear bumper, trunk, everything...done. All that work for nothing. :nonono: How much do you guys think I will get for it? They will definitely total it, so how much will I get? I know some of you guys have been in the same situation. Any input? Thanks guys.

P.S.--03/04 Cobra time:Zip2:

• Sponsors (?)

First of all, hope both of you guys are all OK as that is quite a hit at that speed. Can't help with the insurance question, but they typically try and low ball (just like dealers), so it would be your best interest to check on KBB to see what your car was worth. Sorry for the loss of the stang, but looks like you got the right attitude on getting an new and improved one. Hope you guys heal up quick.

So sorry dude, that suxor. Some insurance companies are better than others. You will get book, if its a good company they will add for the extras that you have reciepts for.

oh yea, forgot that part. He was fine. I broke my nose over the steering wheel. I guess I scared him pretty bad because when he got out I had to crawl out my passenger window and I spit a face full of blood on his windshield and ripped my bat out of my car and went walkin towards him...he just kept saying, "dude im SO sorry" and i thought, eh, all it would cause is trouble...so I threw the bat down and walked away.

oh yea, forgot that part. He was fine. I broke my nose over the steering wheel. I guess I scared him pretty bad because when he got out I had to crawl out my passenger window and I spit a face full of blood on his windshield and ripped my bat out of my car and went walkin towards him...he just kept saying, "dude im SO sorry" and i thought, eh, all it would cause is trouble...so I threw the bat down and walked away.

u carry a bat in your stang???:lol:

Definitely sucks that it happened, though the car is replaceable.

I think you are a bit too young for an 03 cobra. I'd be extremely jealous if you somehow worked that out :(

I carry a bat in my car... no joke. I was walking to my car one day and these three guys started talking **** as I was getting into my car so I smartly said something back, can't even remember what it was but it pissed them off. They threw a pop at my car and started walking up to me, I grabbed the aluminum bat that I keep in the back but they didn't want to play any more. :shrug: Im not a puss but its kind of an unfair advantage when its 3 on 1, plus they threw a pop at my car. :mad:

Sorry to hear about the wreck though. I don't know if I would recommend a Cobra though, this is your second wreck even though this one wasn't your fault. I'm sure your insurance is high as it is and a Cobra is definitely not going to lower it. I would look into another GT or maybe a 99-01 Cobra or Mach1, they’d be faster but still not Termi fast and be cheaper on insurance.

Yeah you should get book value for the car. If you don't like the initial offer and have pics of it to prove excellent condition, send the pics to your insurance agent and sometimes they will get you more money. If it were me, I would buy it back from the insurance company and part it out. I would probably look for another Stang and transfer things like the complete drivetrain, sans the rear end, over to another one. Before I got my 96 GT in '04, I was rolling in a 1998 Nissan (not a Ford, i know, but it was fun smoking the 'new edge' Stangers) 200SX SER that I built. Some guy in a Yukon tee boned me and I got book value with the car through USAA insurance. I didn't get any extra money for the add-ons though. I had an after market Stillen turbo, headers with full exhaust to the end, Stillen underdrive pulleys, Stillen cai, Stillen injectors and cams, Stillen clutch, and too many to list, appearance parts, including a full body kit. I know how bad it sucks. I got $5800 for the car because it had 84k miles on it, but, I made that much back parting it out and selling the performance parts seperate. Just my opinion. Buy the way, I re-purchased the car from the insurance company for $500.

dude i have been following your car for a while and i was ready for some pics posted with the saleens and the roush. Man now im pissed lol. Well be glad your ok. Cars can be replaced not lives.