Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

• Sponsors (?)

@bird_dog0347
Here you go the startup idle should be fixed now, i will need another datalog.

Thanks a ton! I'll have to try it out tomorrow evening as I have a wedding this afternoon, party this evening, and a shooting match tomorrow morning to go to. I'll throw that one on there and data log a cruise afterwards. Thanks again for helping with the startup, not sure I would have figured all those changes out on my own.

@twohawks777@cox
I found time to adjust the tune file for you. Looks like we are making progress.
cold start idle oscillation likely from low rpm, this should fix it.

Its idling to high. I tried to bring it down with my idle control adjustment plate, but it only came down slightly. I am on the east coast also. Available most days around 9pm for a remote. Thanks

Attachments

• 2018-03-10_17.24.18.zip
    185.9 KB · Views: 174
  • TwoHawks777rev.3.2.msq
    117.4 KB · Views: 195
Its idling to high. I tried to bring it down with my idle control adjustment plate, but it only came down slightly. I am on the east coast also. Available most days around 9pm for a remote. Thanks
Sorry should have specified, that is on purpose now I should have the needed information to build the closed loop idle program.

Reactions: 1 user
@bird_dog0347
Here you go the startup idle should be fixed now, i will need another datalog.

I didn't get time to go for a drive but I was able to get the tune loaded and let it idle with some revs for a bit. There's still some surging here and there but I'm not convinced it isn't hardware related as my stock throttle body sucks out loud and has a really sticky movement from full closed to any other position. Then there's the IAC, no idea how good it is. I'm already planning to get an Accufab 70mm in the next few weeks so I'll just get a new IAC while I'm at it just to eliminate that as a possibility.

Attachments

• 2018-03-12_18.06.24.zip
    499.8 KB · Views: 210
I didn't get time to go for a drive but I was able to get the tune loaded and let it idle with some revs for a bit. There's still some surging here and there but I'm not convinced it isn't hardware related as my stock throttle body sucks out loud and has a really sticky movement from full closed to any other position. Then there's the IAC, no idea how good it is. I'm already planning to get an Accufab 70mm in the next few weeks so I'll just get a new IAC while I'm at it just to eliminate that as a possibility.
Hopefully this will take care of the really high warm up idle and the oscillation in the idle. If we can get this nailed down tight i can lower the idle speed some [i would like to get it down to 800 or so]...
Either way when you get some time take the car for a drive if it runs well enough to do so, the longer the datalog the better. If it runs well do some pulls in second gear, this will let me tune the fuel and has a lower load stress on the engine [more forgiving if its lean]... If it bucks or coughs lift.
I have the EGO correction set so that it can correct even at WOT so if the engine is lean it will add fuel, once the tuning is done i will change that setting so it does not correct at WOT.

Attachments

• BirdDog.REV.1.2.msq
    119 KB · Views: 196
Ok, took it for a short drive. First thing I did was upload 1.2 tune and start it up... forgot to start logging for the first few seconds but then after a few seconds of running and logging it was getting a new popping noise in the exhaust so I killed it and put version 1.1 back on it. Started it up again and all was good, or at least same as the other day. I drove to the gas station, got a drink, then came back home. There are 3 logs attached with the shortest being the 1.2 tune for just a few seconds. Then 1.1 tune going to the store, and 1.1 coming home from with a few 2nd gear short pulls as I didn't want to attract too much attention just yet and wasn't in Mexico.

Attachments

• 2018-03-14_13.27.35.msl
    81.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 2018-03-14_13.29.15.msl
    2.9 MB · Views: 140
  • 2018-03-14_13.39.53.msl
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
Ok, took it for a short drive. First thing I did was upload 1.2 tune and start it up... forgot to start logging for the first few seconds but then after a few seconds of running and logging it was getting a new popping noise in the exhaust so I killed it and put version 1.1 back on it. Started it up again and all was good, or at least same as the other day. I drove to the gas station, got a drink, then came back home. There are 3 logs attached with the shortest being the 1.2 tune for just a few seconds. Then 1.1 tune going to the store, and 1.1 coming home from with a few 2nd gear short pulls as I didn't want to attract too much attention just yet and wasn't in Mexico.
Only thing i can figure is it did not respond well to my attempt to richen the idle up. new revision for you.

Attachments

• BirdDog.REV.1.3.msq
    119 KB · Views: 218