Roush Steve's show pic??

sal07b

Mar 18, 2004
Springboro Ohio
For those not at the Saleen show, I found this rather disturbing. Steve had his pick for "Best in Show" and he didn't even pick a Saleen. The car had a Roush front end on it!! Granted, it was a nice, highly modified car. However, am I the only one that finds it odd that Steve Saleen didn't even pick one of his cars as his personal? I'll post a picture of it later as I don't have the photo with me at this time...

• Sponsors (?)

Saleen Mike said:
Remember when I said that the Saleen Show does not cater to the Saleen owner...

Frank M. [of Orange(?) Ford] puts on the show for Saleen.

I remember you mentioning that.

I Frank is from Villa Ford on Tustin Avenue in Orange.

At least Steve picked a Mustang and not the Viper or the Corvette (with the very trick paint) or a riced-out Focus. He did pick a '86 (?) Saleen last year, however.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the car he picked wasn't nice. I was just suprised that he picked a non-saleen car. You would think that the guy would like his design better then his competition. BTW, the comment about the Roush front end is crap! The saleen nose is much, much nicer in my opinion. The only good thing about the Roush front end is that it goes with the butt ugly side skirts/pipes!! :notnice: I personally don't think any portion of the Roush kit holds a candle to it's Saleen counterpart. Guess that's why I own a Saleen and not a Roush :D

Head Paneer said:
He did pick a '86 (?) Saleen last year, however.

Correct, he picked Ron's 86-0001. His plan was to pick the oldest Saleen in the show last year as it was the "20th Anniv. Show".

* Oldest Saleen being the oldest one that was actually on the property, not entered in the show

Saleen Mike said:
Correct, he picked Ron's 86-0001. His plan was to pick the oldest Saleen in the show last year as it was the "20th Anniv. Show".

* Oldest Saleen being the oldest one that was actually on the property, not entered in the show

Can you imagine your folding chair car display “parked” in front of the crowd, along side the best early model and best late model cars?! :rlaugh:

I would not have been surprised if this year’s show entry form had the notation “Vehicle must be present to win”. :D

Head Paneer said:
Can you imagine your folding chair car display “parked” in front of the crowd, along side the best early model and best late model cars?! :rlaugh:

I would not have been surprised if this year’s show entry form had the notation “Vehicle must be present to win”. :D

Well, it did get 9 "Best in Show" votes :D

DSC02427.JPG

I would have voted for it- LOL

Yea, well Steve did'nt pick a Saleen for best in show but who cares anyway. It is his show. Well, maybe not considering the political points brought up by Robert in the other thread. I'm just glad the focus came off of me on that thread there. :D
If it makes anyone else feel any better that guy with the "best of show" winning silver 2000 vert with the cobra center exhaust-bumper and 19" $8,000 HRE's was Matt's car. He is a Chicane guy and he is on his 2nd built motor only because he drives the piss out of that thing. He also has about 50k in the car besides the cost of the car itself so I am more than happy to see him win something.
The custom blue (real) Saleen coupe that won runner up??? with the silver graphics, sponser stickers, 19" wheels and insane sound system is another Chicane car.

Again, the purpose of this post wasn't to slam the winner. I was just suprised that Steve didn't choose one of "his" cars. Both of the cars Marcus talks about were the nicest of the show by far. Then again, if I spent the time and money (big money) that they have on their cars, I would expect to win something at a show as well. They were awesome cars! :nice: As a matter of fact, I am trying to figure out how I'm going to afford a set of the polished 19" HRE 445's for my car. There was a mineral grey GT there with them on it. It would look awesome. Of course, I need to to the brake conversion first. My stock GT brakes (10.8") look bad enough in there with the 18" Speedlines let alone 19 inchers...