Stock Quarter Mile time??

Well, my friend has been wanting to race me for a while, he has a marauder wich runs about 15.3 consistently. Knowing that i have the slowest GT offered (AODE, VERT) what can I expect to run with just a catback and a cai? Im thinking im gonna run around 15.6. It kinda makes me sad, I don't even wanna race my stang until i can get more engine mods, cuz I dont wanna disgrace the Mustang name with a horrible track time like that. But he keeps begging me. Also what is the base timing set at? If I bump it what can I expect to gain? Thanks for your help

• Sponsors (?)

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Its a 4.6 but its not blown. With gas prices these days its not even worth bumpign timing anymore.

you are right, its probally in the 15's. btw, i got 19 runs in tonight at moroso, WTF i just noticed there is no more banana:fuss: . only one person hit the wall tonight :nonono: .

edit
:banana: i found it :banana:

matthiasj said:
i thoguht mauraders were faster than a 15.3...
His best time was a 15.1 Marauders are 4000lbs+ cars with N/A 300HP 4.6 engines. He's getting 4.10 gears this weekend, so i prolly wont be able to catch up to him unless I get some more modding in. What can make me break into the 14's? If I get some 4.10 gears, Cobra Intake, Hi-Flow Cats, and some suspension mods what can I possibly run? These are prolly the most likely mods for me to do

I know you have a vert, mine went 14.9 with just bumped timing and removed air silencer and 100k miles with no tune up.....i'm not sure if it has more in it or not, but some 4.10 in your car would help you out greatly as well