Stock seat brackets on recaro's?

pavich91

Jan 11, 2008
I have recently bought some recaro's for my 91 and found them to be very unstable. You go around a corner and feel yourself leaning. It kinda sucks since that Is why I went with these cause of the nice hip huggers to keep you snug in your seat. They feel worse than my stocks when cornering.
They are mounted to stock sliders. Does anyone here have recaro's mounted on stock sliders that do the same thing? The drivers seat is the worst one and its hooked up to a power slider. Actually sits kinda too high.

• Sponsors (?)

hmm, At first i had the same problem with my summit racing seats. I had to cut the brackets off my stock seats and fabricate up my own custom bracket. the first couple days i drove it they felt just like what you are describing. Heres what i did. I got two strips of steel and drilled holes in each end, and put one on the rear of the bracket and one on the front going across the seat brackets acting as more of a stabilizer. I did that and tightened the heck out of the bolts, and it doesnt budge at all now. I know these are not recaro seats but it sounded like a similar problem. I hope this helps.

Maybe people that actually have recaro seats can chime in