> Street Race Drags Vipers vs Mustangs - Fontana, Ca - Check it out! <

annihilator2

Aug 14, 2004
Hi guys,

We just announced this 3 days ago and we're 1/3 full already!!!

I wanted to invite you to come out to the Fontana Drag Strips on Friday, September 17th for a day of drag racing (3pm till 11pm). A group of us have privately rented the track and are looking for other fast cars to join the handful of Vipers, Corvettes, 300Z's, Supras, Ferrari's and other cars that will be there. We'll also have a few bikes there, so there will be car vs. car, bike vs bike, car vs bike, etc.

The cost during pre-registration is $100, and before you scream that it's 4 times more costly than normal drag events, consider that at Fontana, you are lucky to get 3 runs in an entire day during their open drag days due to the high number of cars there, and with this event, you'll be able to run just about as much as you want, as we are keeping attendance limited to no more than 70 vehicles (compared to the normal 400 vehicles there.) 10, 15, maybe 20 runs down the track should be had by those that want that many.

Even if your car is stock, PLEASE bring it out, as there will be a lot of other stock cars, or a less powerful car that has been modded that should give your Stang a good run for it's money. It's going to be a blast!

For those of you with forced induction, it will be a good opportunity to pit your Mustangs against some pretty fast cars, or fellow bikers. Once we fill up, we're done, and it's less than 5 weeks away, so go register soon. We already have 1 mustang signed up and coming. You can do that here:

www.alternativemotoring.com

Come support a local event. I'd love to see as many, if not more Vettes than other cars there. It will be a great place to meet some new friends, network, etc. Any new friends I meet can come out to my big pool party I'm throwing next month in San Diego.

If any of you are in the San Diego area, we'll have a caravan headed up that way that Friday. Invite some of your other car friends too.

By the way, feel free to cross post this in another forum if you think it will help. I don't want to spam this site with this announcement. Thanks!

Ciao,

-Manny

• Sponsors (?)

hm, if i had the money to blow i would show up. kinda broke right now. plus i can head up to LACR for $15 and get in a ton of runs.

i think not lot of people are responding because of the cost of the event.

How many runs can you get at LACR? I have never been. I know at Fontana you are lucky to get 3 races the whole day. The Fontana track is also a very good and well prepped track. Not sure how LACR is. I know the altitude at LACR will affect a lot of people.

if i show up at opening, 5:30, i can do bout 6 runs back to back. then i can sit around for a little and then continue to do more runs through out the night.

lacr is a pretty good track, i like it alot.

as for altitude ... who cares. everyone is affected by it so everyone will be slower by the same amount. plus you can do the conversion to figure out what your run would be at sea level.

LACR.net said:
Altitude Correction
LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level.
To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows:
ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97
MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03
This will give you the ET & MPH at sea level.

for not having to wait hours to get through tech, only minutes (literally), and being able to get in a ton of runs. i would gladly drive out to LACR. the $5 i save for admission goes towards the extra gas it takes to get out there. overall, i have a much better time at LACR. i won't goto california speedway again, unless it was some kind of special event. wait too long for alot of nothing.

i've been told i can't run even though my number range was called, because i already did 2 runs and there were some people who haven't gone or only did 1. well it's not my fault they didn't show up. lacr doesn't care how many runs you can fit in.

lacr is open every wednesday and friday night. lacr also has a trophy thing they do each night. anyone can enter the bracket racing. it is really alot of fun. if you can make it out there i would really recommend it.

I'll try to make it out to LACR one day. It's a good 3 hour drive for me though (one way), but luckily I have family in Lancaster, so I can stay and visit.

As for our event at California Speedway, it will rock. I am looking forward to just meeting everybody. I find that at events that cost more than your typical friday night drags or road course event, you end up meeting a lot of people like yourself, and I have done some great networking. One of my business partners is a fellow racer.

ah ya ... see that is kinda far for you to go. although would be cool to check it out atleast once. it is 1 hour for me to get there with traffic. california speedway is bout 10 minutes from my apartment if that.

the event at ca speedway should be sweet. would it cost to show up and be a spectator or is it only open to those racing? cause if i could show up as a spectator i might do that.

make sure you take alot of pics and post em up.

annihilator2 said:
Spectators are welcomed. Bring as many folk as you want.

-M
That's not what I was told, I signed up and I was told only the drivers of the cars crew are allowed so 3 or 4 people per vehicle I't will be much better than LARC, that place sucks. I'm glad that this event is going to happen plus the price keeps the RIFF RAFF out. I can't wait to run those vipers and vettes its going to be cool, I just had the car dyno tuned 444whp 431tq, I even bought a new set of weld drag lights for the runs. :D

L8 MUSL said:
RIFF RAFF?
Drag racing was invented by RIFF RAFF!

Have fun, don't spill your latte' :rolleyes:
Don't worry I'll drink it @ the "Coffee Bean" before I get started " I'll have 1 double vanilla latte with Kenya please" :D I will video my runs and if I can figure out how to load them, I will. If not I will ask someone on the net thanks :nice: