street racing question ..

fordish

May 24, 2004
Is it hard to beat supra's from rolling ..
got bart block 331ci, AFR 205, D1R blower with a custom cam " 565in 580ex " with TKO-2 and 3.55 in the back, not to mention all other goodies like fast, fuel system ... etc

Rolling from 30-150MPH ?? :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

you won't win from a roll... if he has a decent number of mods and 15+ lbs. of boost (which i'm assuming he does) that supra will win... i met with a guy last week at tha beach with a TT supra which he bought for 65k and has put 100k into it since... WOW is all i had to say... he took off and must've hit 40mph in first...haha my mouth just dropped :hail2:
even tho i'm a mustang lover for life, i love supras... that blowoff is one of tha coolest sounds i've ever heard

Post pics of your set up bud. If you can afford all that you can atleast afford a camera right?;) Sounds like one hell of a car, and yeah, you should take most supra's with a setup like that. Aerodynamics will play a good part of it, but with all that power your making you should walk(and I do mean walk) most of em surely. They are super super super fast modded, but think. You are super super super super modded also.

Dave

With some simple mods a Supra TT can gain like 100whp. Some are free mods.
I would never attempt to take one on.

On another note: I have a vid on my PC of a 351 stang racing an SC-61 turbo. Let's just say the stang got raped....once the Supra got traction...lol. Turbo spooling sounded sweet as hell.

fordish said:
would 720rwhp fox body with 3300 pound kill supra that make 700-800 to the wheel ?
Well you def have the weight advantage on him, unless he has went on a diet. Also, it depends where you make the 720rwhp. Id say he would be running a good sized turbo on his(T88 or something) becuase thats some serious power for both cars. Aero drag will probably hurt the fox up too also, I guess you will have to compare dyno sheets or go out and find out. Good luck.

Dave

Stock supra's run what 107mph or something...maybe a bit quicker... :shrug:

If you got that car with all those mods...by the way how much boost?...then with your torque over the supra and close horsepower to match...I don't see you having a problem...

First of all, stock supra's arn't that quick, however they are like GN's, rare to find one that runs stock boost. Second of all they have very peaky HP cuves, that's why they call them dyno queens. Especailly one's with a big single turbo conversion, and being on a small displacment engine, it takes longer to spool the turbos. They make plenty of power, but it's all up top and it takes longer to get boost, so not until they get where they can ride out a gear do they really pull. Third thier suspensions suck, they can't get traction very well. Maby you can make them hook, but the only one's I have scene do this are full drag cars with 4 links in the back. I've heard of these stock one's but never scene it happen. Forth, a 700HP mustang will kill a 700hp Supra.

Maby not all but every Supra owner I have met are white collar, deep pocketed, cocky snobs. They had the work done for them, and don't have any pride in thier country. They want to prove america sucks but they don't suck because they are with the "internationalist" and they think they can bend the rules to do so. Enough with the politics.

If I had the money, I wouldn't waste it on a Supra. For the same money, I can get double the power from a V8. Example. RP Motorsports built '02 z06, C500 Race block, 427 stroked, Twin Turbo running 700HP at 5psi, and 1200RWHP at 13psi. It looks stock and sounds mean but not that mean.

fordish said:
you can find his car in toprpm.com and uaeboost.com .. silver supra, and claimed that he has 850 to the wheel. I'll get my pic soon

I you built the car, then you should know what its capable of. You seem kinda new to the hole horsepower / racing thing if your coming on Stangnet asking if your dart block 331 can hang with a supra. Personally, if your running a dart block, you better not be getting beat by any supras. Those blocks are mean to handle 1500 hp...Lets see the pics, and did u build it?
Good luck

Mike