Subframe connector installed but fuel lines

I'm totally on board with the disconnecting them from the gas tank and getting them fed through correctly.

While this situation sucks, I also see no good reason to cut good fuel lines and try to rejoin them when you don't HAVE to do it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So this will be a little controversional but..... what I decided to do was cut the subframe connector and take the back end off (as taking the entire length of it was going to be very difficult with lines an everything in the way) routed the fuel lines back and welded it back in place and added a thick piece of angle iron for strength.. will obviously sand and paint but wanted to know your thoughts on it...in my opinion it will be stronger then before...

Attachments

• 20220517_093703.jpg
    20220517_093703.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220517_093726.jpg
    20220517_093726.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220517_093738.jpg
    20220517_093738.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 74
just cut the fuel lines and patch them. its what I did. sure you could replace the whole thing... but why? its a straw for fuel. I put a little flare on the tip of each line and keep the hose in place. haven't had any issues after many hours of use.

So this will be a little controversional but..... what I decided to do was cut the subframe connector and take the back end off (as taking the entire length of it was going to be very difficult with lines an everything in the way) routed the fuel lines back and welded it back in place and added a thick piece of angle iron for strength.. will obviously sand and paint but wanted to know your thoughts on it...in my opinion it will be stronger then before...

Other than looking a little gakked up (shout out to Roadkill), I'd think that won't be a problem at all, imo.

Yeah, besides for looks (and who cares it's under the car) strength wise it should be just as strong if not stronger than before

I don't blame you man. Disconnecting and re routing those fuel lines would have really s****d.

Prep and Paint it with good quality paint and forget about it.

If it makes you feel any better, the welds on my SFC are ugly, but strong.

My welder was on its way out when I installed them and I should have just junked it before and done the job with a new one, but stubborn me couldn't do that.

I painted them up nice and I don't worry about it. Good luck man

Yeah, besides for looks (and who cares it's under the car) strength wise it should be just as strong if not stronger than before

I don't blame you man. Disconnecting and re routing those fuel lines would have really s****d.

Prep and Paint it with good quality paint and forget about it.

If it makes you feel any better, the welds on my SFC are ugly, but strong.

My welder was on its way out when I installed them and I should have just junked it before and done the job with a new one, but stubborn me couldn't do that.

I painted them up nice and I don't worry about it. Good luck man
thanks!

I thinkl that's what he did as well.

I don't think he needs new lines. I just think he needs to figure out a way to reroute them back. If they are disconnected from the engine side, i think the best way to feed them back through is to disconnect the gas tank side and feed them over the SFC in towards the middle and then make the turnto the rear of the car.

Not easy and a total PITA. I did gas lines once on my car. never again. Next time will be braided AN line
i did this on a 08 pontiac g5... worked out good