super charger questions?

i have a 90 lx 5.0 and im putting a paxton sn92 supercharger on it here are my questions

are 30lb injectors to much
any idea how much power will it make with 10 pounds of boost
i have eldabrock uper and lower intake and underdrive pullys on it outher wise stock
and what fuel pump will support this compination

thank you

• Sponsors (?)

30's will be fine until it reaches the 400rwhp range. Thats when I had to upgrade to 42's.
I recommend skipping the 30's and getting 42's and matching meter considering the fact that you already have a better flowing intake and you want 10psi.

You'll need to remove the underdrive pulleys and go back to the stock pulleys when adding the supercharger.

Add a Walbro 255 lph high pressure pump intank. I think it is part# GSS 340?
That should supply enough fuel until it reaches around 500rwhp.

**After all this is installed find a dyno and get it tuned!!!

Good Luck

The 30lb injectors should be fine but I'd put an FMU (fuel management unit) with those injectors just to be safe. Like mentioned, change the stock fuel pump for a Walboro 255 or 340LPH unit. I'd also get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator so you can dial in the fuel. After all is said and done get the car dyno tuned. Slapping on a blower and romping on it right out the gate can be dangerous. I remember getting slap happy running a 12psi pulley and within the first 2 weeks had to change head gaskets (car was making like 14.5psi, oops).

Currently our 92 with Vortech Blower is running 30lb injectors, FMU, Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator and Walboro 340 fuel pump. It's not running 100% but as soon as it is we are taking it for a dyno tune session right away. I'm sure after the dyno session probably 42lb injectors will be needed. Air/Fuel ratio during the dyno session let us know.

You can see the FMU (blue circular type bottom left) in this picture.
6e054551.jpg

You can see the red 30lb injectors and red Aeromotive Regulator in this picture.
8f3bead2.jpg

Attachments

• 6e054551.jpg
    6e054551.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 78
  • 8f3bead2.jpg
    8f3bead2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70
That's one way to do it, but if you're buying the injectors, just go ahead and get the 42s and be done with it. No FMU will be necessary, just a boost sensitive AFPR and an MAF calibrated for the 42s. Plenty of people idle just fine with those injectors, so there's no reason not to.

I know some guys are going to jump on and cry foul about using an FMU, but it works for some guys. I'd personally rather have enough injector to support the amount of power I'm making without increasing the boost and potentially overloading the pump, but to each his own.

Chris