Supercharger hp question

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't really done my research yet but I saw a vortech V1 A trim with the complete kit for 1500. I don't know if that is a good deal but after I get the rear end changed to 4.10's then the supercharger will be the next thing. I was just wondering if I should beef up the tranny before I put the sc in. I might go to a 347 later but that would be the final thing and I will definitely build the tranny up then.

If your going supercharger I would recommend 3.42 or 3.73 over the 4.11's. You'll be out of gear when the charger gets happy.

+1 I would have to say 3.73, I run out of gear way to quickly, I believe there is a 3.90(somewhere in there) would probably be good for the auto. 4.10s with the supercharger may spin alittle to much.

umm i would say its closer to 50 rwhp for every 3psi on a typical H/C/I 302 cause most guys get about 500 rwhp out of 12 psi.

50 is waaaaay to optimistic especially if you're running an anemic street blower.

+1 I would have to say 3.73, I run out of gear way to quickly, I believe there is a 3.90(somewhere in there) would probably be good for the auto. 4.10s with the supercharger may spin alittle to much.

+1 the 3.73 is a much better choice.

so your saying a H/C/I 5.0 with 12 psi should only be 400 - 425 rwhp? i would burn it.

Should only??? I never said SHOULD but unless i missed it I can't see in his signature what cam he's running or what type of ignition, fmu, what kind of tuning? Does he know somepplace to dyno tune and burn chips? There are a lot of factors and over the last 16 years I've seen tons of people drop loads of money and then cry when they've gone to the track because somebody else said......

Just to answer, I am running the stock cam and ignition right now, and there is a place two blocks down the street that tunes. :D When I do get the sc I will research into a cam and other parts. I was just worried about the tranny. It sounds like I should upgrade the tranny before I get the sc.

9psi isn't going to net you 150hp IMO... 25/3psi seems a lot closer to what i've seen. H/c/I can be a lot of different combos so it's hard to say 500hp from hci and a blower (IMO)