Supercharger on a road course

This one is for those of you that run their cars around the road course with S550s that have blowers or turbos...

I have a 2015 Mustang GT PP M6 that has upgraded (Steeda track) suspension, JLT CAI, ARH catback exhaust and is pounding 425hp to the pavement.

The problem is that I want more power :D

I have always been told to stay away from blowers or turbochargers on the road course because the power that they add is unpredictable and they get heat soaked and generally experience a lot of problems on the track. What is y'alls experience?

• Sponsors (?)

That those people you spoke to never ran a blower or turbo:

View: https://youtu.be/M0QWJbsnvXs?t=3m25s

A Positive Displacement super charger properly installed and tuned, will turn your engine into a big block. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference at the gas pedal.

Think Kenne Bell, Whipple, or Eaton. They're always ahead of the motor, instant at any throttle setting, and don't require time to spool.

They've also gotten progressively better since these clips were filmed.

The nicest car I ever drove was a Mclaren 570s. 3000 lb car, 565 Hp, and 24 mpg (not at the same time as making 565 Hp :D ). The Mclaren folks might be surprised to know that their supercharger is not track ready. :eek:

That those people you spoke to never ran a blower or turbo:

View: https://youtu.be/M0QWJbsnvXs?t=3m25s

A Positive Displacement super charger properly installed and tuned, will turn your engine into a big block. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference at the gas pedal.

Think Kenne Bell, Whipple, or Eaton. They're always ahead of the motor, instant at any throttle setting, and don't require time to spool.

They've also gotten progressively better since these clips were filmed.

The nicest car I ever drove was a Mclaren 570s. 3000 lb car, 565 Hp, and 24 mpg (not at the same time as making 565 Hp :D ). The Mclaren folks might be surprised to know that their supercharger is not track ready. :eek:

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I have heard the same about the McLarens and other supercars.. they perform extremely well because they are .. well.. supercars :cool:

That being said, owners of late model Z06 Corvettes filed 2 class action lawsuits against Chevrolet because they were overheating on road courses and going into limp mode. But those were Corvettes...

I've seen lots of videos of supercharged Mustangs beating up on other cars on the streets and drag strips across the country... but what happens when the S550 is 10 laps into a 2.3 mile road course on a 90 degree day?

What are your experiences?

Best,
Steven

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I have heard that same about the McLarens and other supercars.. they perform extremely well because they are .. well.. supercars :cool:

That being said, owners of late model Z06 Corvettes filed 2 class action lawsuits against Chevrolet because they were overheating on road courses and going into limp mode. But those were Corvettes...

I've seen lots of videos of supercharged Mustangs beating up on other cars on the streets and drag strips across the country... but what happens when the S550 is 10 laps into a 2.3 mile road course on a 90 degree day?

What are your experiences?

Best,
Steven

So long as your fuel system and cooling system are up to snuff and you don't get too greedy with the boost or tune then the answer is:

Nothing :shrug: