Drivetrain T45 Help

Marty4104

Feb 12, 2017
Ok got a 98 gt which is stock. Problem is this. 2nd gear just dont grab kinda like you still have the clutch pushed in or it is in nuteral. All other gears do fine, no grinding, clutch slipping, not popping out of any gear and it actually feels like it goes in to 2nd.

Stock shifter also. Just trying to figure if there is anything I can do besides just replace the t45

• Sponsors (?)

I don't touch trans internals. I am in the process of building a forged 4.6 motor myself though. Tranny's are foreign to me haha. I leave it to the professionals (my auto is being built professionally as we speak).

I would take the whole car to a trans shop and see what they say but unless you have a miraculously cheap shop I recommend everyone to buy a t-45 online. The labor is nuts and it actually comes out to being more if you have them fix it. Ended up going the online route and I'm happy with it so far.

I would take the whole car to a trans shop and see what they say but unless you have a miraculously cheap shop I recommend everyone to buy a t-45 online. The labor is nuts and it actually comes out to being more if you have them fix it. Ended up going the online route and I'm happy with it so far.

Think I may just go with a 3650

Reactions: 1 user
What I mean is you have to push the clutch in to pull it into 2nd gear and it has that feel of it going into 2nd via the shifter but you let the clutch out and there is no engagement so it revs like its not in gear. I would not mind getting another t45 but all I see is used ones going for $700+

What I mean is you have to push the clutch in to pull it into 2nd gear and it has that feel of it going into 2nd via the shifter but you let the clutch out and there is no engagement so it revs like its not in gear. I would not mind getting another t45 but all I see is used ones going for $700+

Yeah getting one used is a joke. I got a fully refurbed one shipped for about a grand. Covering shipping cost both ways (send in the core). And I think I have like a one year warranty