Tail lights on a 1965 Fastback

soloracer951

Jun 13, 2004
Hello. I'm looking to purchase a 65-66 fastback and was doing a little shopping and saw a fastback with different tail lights. The lights I've seen are usually the small 3 vertical bars style. This car has the wide later model shelby style lights. Was this an option or something that was done as a modification by the previous owner?

65_mustang.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

they cut it, yep, I forgot the CS cars, they had them too, just not in 65.

If that's the car in the picture, I don't think I'd let the taillights stop me from buying it, it looks nice. :)

I added the T-bird taillights to my '65 fastback, also. I think they go especially well with the ducktail trunk deck.

Tim

"
attachment.php
"

EDIT:
How do I get the picture to show up in the post, instead of just a link?

EDIT:
Thanks, Soloracer, actually I left out the backslash.

Tim

The car I posted a picture of is on e-bay at the moment. I was surfing there to see what was available and what sort of prices were being given. I would prefer to find something locally.

Tim, you almost got it right. The format for picture posting is:

[IMJ]www.website/picturename.jpg[/IMJ]

Replace IMJ with IMG. If I had left it as IMG we would not have been able to see it as an example. It would have tried to find a picture at www.website with no luck.

T-Bird tails look awesome on 65-66 FB cars IMO!
I would leave 'em if I bought the car.
There was at least 1 65 GT 350 from the factory with 65 T/B tail lights. It was #10. I have a car mag from long ago with pics of the cars being built, they showed the car with the lights installed and gave it's serial #.
Dave

previous owner did it, those taillights didn't start until 67-68 shebys.

Thats not right.
There were plenty of cars with those mod's in 1965-66 before the 67-68 shelbys came out.
They originate with the hot rodders and were featured on alot of the cars in the Ford Custom Car Caravan of 1965. The lights used were the 1965 t-birds and later the 67 cougar. Ford borrowed these ideas for the shelbys from the customizers.