TE37's 17x8.5 Fronts, 17x9.5 Rears and Suspension Questions

Hello,

I found some TE37's on ebay, the fronts are 17x8.5, and the rears are 17x9.5.

Offset for the fronts are ET30, and the rears are ET40.

I know they will fit, but I have some questions about fitment.

For the rears I probably would have to either flip or remove the quad shocks, but if I do remove the quad shocks I need some rear lower control arms to control potential wheel hop.

I also don't know what tire sizes to run without any rubbing or fender rolling, I am also not comfortable hammering/modifying the car extensively.

I plan to keep the stock ride height the same, but I do want to run these wheels without risk of wheel hop; hence why I am planning on buying rear lower control arms. Still confused on exactly what parts to buy.

I'm not going to get coil overs or a full suspension re-work at the moment, I am happy the way my car rides.

What do I need to make these wheels fit without extensive modification, and without increasing wheel hop?

Thank you.

For the rears you might need a spacer, possibly a 5mm spacer for the front too so it doesn't rub at full lock. I'd say front you can get a 245 or maybe 255 wide tire, and rear you should easily be able to get a 275. Do you have the stock axle length in the rear?

I forgot to mention that I have 94-95 spindles, and fox length axels. I'm doing the SN95 5 lug conversion with Cobra Brakes.

For tires, are 245/45/17 for the fronts and 275/40/17 tires for the rears okay? I don't want the staggered look, and want the tire walls to be the same height so the ride height/stance stays relatively the same.

Any suggestions for spacer brands? I heard you should only use spacers if absolutely required.

Thanks

Correct, spacers only if required! That said, it's more important to choose the wheels that fit first vs. the brand/model. What you've posted might look good, but those aren't the normal offset for a fox with 5 lug. Tire fitment will only be able to be judged once you've decided on wheels.

Should I just buy 17x9 Enkei RPF1's with 22mm offset? I heard that offset and wheel size are very similar to Cobra R 94 wheels like this:

Would you think 22mm offset 17x9 wheels in 4 corners with 245/45/17 fronts and 275/40/17 fit?

I want a fatter tire in the rear, and the largest rim size in the rear without fender rolling/hammering, but still happy to flip or remove the quad shocks.