Tech help with engine combo choices

KCoppola

Apr 5, 2005
atlanta
if this has been posted before, my bad. i am too lazy to sift through all the BS.....

In the near future, i am looking to upgrade my engine. i am set on something EFI and 302 based, and i have researched quite a bit by looking through magazines. Anyway i am wondering what people's personal experiences have been with either a 331 or 347. my current mods are listed in my sig, and i plan on pretty much just having my short block rebuilt as a stroker. i am looking to get into the neighborhood of 350-375rwhp Naturally aspirated, but want to be able to reliably drive the car to work sometimes if the mood hits me. I have spoken to someone who had a bullet 331 from DSS and his put down 365 rwhp. sounds good, but i wonder if a 347 would be better. Having had my last attempt to build an engine myself some years ago turn out worse than i hoped for, i plan on taking it somewhere, giving someone some money, and returning at a later date to drive it home! my budget for this in the realm of 2500 to $3000, so i realize i am going to need to have them re use as many parts as possible. once again, any help is greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)