Progress Thread Tfs 205cc 302 Build

Sounds pretty healthy for a drivable street/strip car. Not much different than my FTI cam. I am no cam expert, but I am learning that the lobe designs and timing events can really make a cam, and those are not as easy for us to understand with advertised numbers.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Just ordered my cam from Mr. Freezy! He's working on it now should have it in a couple weeks! Now I have to get my butt going on the other parts:balancer,timing chain,water pump,headers,misc extras. On the subject of balancers any recommendations? I want a SFI approved but don't want to break the bank on a Inn. west. I think after spending as much as I have I probably will put the dart block on hold for awhile. I probably should have done that first but got impatient. Oh well this 302 should be fun!!

I don't have the model# in front of me, but I went with a pioneer unit. It's the model that looks like a factory design (no spacers) and sells through summit for just under $200. I saw a thread on corral regarding an affordable sfi unit, and this was the one woody recommended.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user

I use a pioneer 872030 Balancer - got it from Summit for about $160. Romac is also a good brand but is over $300.

So...should get cam by beginning of next week. I will post some of the specs but won't post everything for respect to Mr Freezy. If weather stays relatively mild(35+*) I'm going to fire up a heater in the garage and start working on this thing. I'm going to do the suspension/rearend/brakes (I'm just using the mm brake upgrade)first and then the motor. Hopefully I can have this done in early spring. If weather sucks then it will be a little later. I figure worst case scenario it should be done by end of May. Have to admit this has reinvigorated my passion for the car immensely! I also am planning on fixing/cleaning up the interior. It needs/wants a dash pad(someone used armor all and it faded in spots),headliner,carpet,steering wheel,some gauges/tweaks,and a stereo upgrade.

Reactions: 1 users
After my recent HCI swap I thought i was ready to move onto the exterior and interior, after a tune that is. However, I find myself constantly drooling over wheels and tires (drag setup) and the baseline suspension UCA's. The cosmetics definetly need some help though.

Joe

I'm actually going to pick up some wheels/tires this weekend. Got a good deal(imo) on some used 15x3 1/2/15x10 draglites with damn near new metric tires/MT ET streets(8 passes and 60 street miles-according to seller). I didn't have any front runners and my old 15x8's are in rough shape. Picking them up for 600$ with lugs. I have all the suspension pieces already. Hopefully once I get it all done and figured out I can 60 under 1.5.

^^^Those look like BBK longtubes, congrats!!! Nothing wrong with chrome unless your doing car shows. Only reason I went with ceramic is because I went through all the trouble with smoothing and tucking so I thought, why not?

Any other progress pictures of the engine? Give us something!!!0

Unfortunately no. Haven't turned a wrench yet. It's just been to cold for me. If it does warm up in the next couple weeks I'll dig out my old heater and start. I still am waiting on the cam also. He's supposed to be getting it this week and shipping it to me. I also need to get my elec fan setup. Also waiting on a back order from LMR...uggh. I'm going to pick up my wheels/tires tomorrow. I'm actually running out of room for all the parts(presently in garage/laundry/and a few in the kitchen lol).

I feel your pain on the room thing, i currently have the garage, dining room, basement, sunroom, and a shed full of not only car parts, but old furniture, tool boxes, and miscellaneous other crap of my moms. I really need to get on cl and get rid of some of this stuff.

Good ole' Cragslist, here's how it works on CL

Your ad: For sale: Near brand new tires, $400 firm

CL buyer: would you take $200 for the tires and I'll throw in a mani/pedi from my Sister?

@TOOLOW91 thanks again for the contact info. Went a little conservative on valve lift w/.525/.525 & dur@.050 w/223-227* I will keep the rest under my hat in fairness to mr Freezy. This should be fun!

I have a dual burner tank top propane heater as well. Used it last night and was working in my t-shirt. One of these days I'll tap into my NG and get a 80k BTU direct vent garage heater with t-stat

idk what balance you need for the new motor I have a balancer for sale that was double key wayed no spacer needed like the stock unit