Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

Paint booth built, about $35 in materials. Need to make a ventilation system now.

IMG_8216.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I scored a set of iron Dart heads with rockers this weekend for $400. With those and the GT-40 intake, it should make enough power to pass people on the freeway finally. Just need some headers now and we wil be in business! The swap is going to have to wait until the fox is up and running so I have a plan B in case I break a bolt off in the block somewhere or some other unknown catastrophe takes place.

Also, I finished my paint booth. It has a "proper" cardboard door and a ventilation system strong enough to suck the sides and roof of the booth in a good bit.

Reactions: 2 users
My wheels and tires are in, still waiting on the lift. But, I had to do a quick mock up:

5EAE8FAA-E309-48E4-BA39-998475C01F16.jpg

Still sanding the body parts, still no end in sight.
Also did a brake job, only to find the passenger caliper is stuck and fried my new rotor today. Greeeeaaaat.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a happy camper. Worn out, but very happy.

IMG_8313.JPG

Where's the "I like the :poo: out of this" button?

"It's big, I'm glad I didn't go 6"." -hoopty5.0, I can't help myself bro but I'm pretty sure "that's what she said" lol

I went with bilstein 5100 shocks/struts on my 14 Ram and set the fronts at 2.8" and running 35x12.50-20 on the factory wheels I'm glad I didn't do a traditional lift.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a happy camper. Worn out, but very happy.

IMG_8313.JPG

Looks great, but I think you need to work on your parking... ;)

I don't understand why I like your pink truck as much as I do, but I do

I've always liked this generation of F-series trucks, they look very "tough" (even in pink) without looking bloated. IMO the gen that came after these was almost a little too sleek and soft looking, then the current ones look tough again but are massive.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks great, but I think you need to work on your parking... ;)

I've always liked this generation of F-series trucks, they look very "tough" (even in pink) without looking bloated. IMO the gen that came after these was almost a little too sleek and soft looking, then the current ones look tough again but are massive.
I think you nailed it. Looks like a truck intended to be used as a truck