Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

I had the S197. They are cool, but it's not a fox, and it's not a classic. my wife would absolutely divorce me, anyway.
I disagree with the S550, it is a lot of fun but between the payments and cost of modification. You can have semi built fox for that price of a down payment. I would say go for 18/19s for the active exhaust ie neighborhood mode, but seems some are having transmission issues locally here on our dyno ( bolt form not boosted which is strange)

Im looking at the BBK Ventura series for the fox since moving into the burbs last Friday.

Either way loud fox or electic sanding for wood projects....the HOA is gonna complain haha

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So we are making an offer on a house today, the only downside is there is not a garage.... Well, there is, but I need a shed/barn/building. I know a few people here have built garages, like @MikeH686 and @General karthief - so if you have, what size is it and what do you like, what would you change if you could do it again?

Reactions: 1 users
So we are making an offer on a house today, the only downside is there is not a garage.... Well, there is, but I need a shed/barn/building. I know a few people here have built garages, like @MikeH686 and @General karthief - so if you have, what size is it and what do you like, what would you change if you could do it again?
I have a 24/30 but the actual garage is 24/24 with a 6' overhang on one side. I would love to have bigger. I have room to work on 1 car and have all my tools car/woodworking. Luckily i have 2 car garage under my house to store my 66 T-Bird when its not being worked on. I'd say 24/32 would be perfect and am considering adding onto mine to make a wood only shop.

You can kinda see what’s going on here. When we looked at the house the garage was empty and seemed like plenty of space.

Attachments

• A52FC73A-96D1-40A1-9479-45BF3093DB96.jpeg
    A52FC73A-96D1-40A1-9479-45BF3093DB96.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 180
I have a 24/30 but the actual garage is 24/24 with a 6' overhang on one side. I would love to have bigger. I have room to work on 1 car and have all my tools car/woodworking. Luckily i have 2 car garage under my house to store my 66 T-Bird when its not being worked on. I'd say 24/32 would be perfect and am considering adding onto mine to make a wood only shop.
Thanks for the inuput! I definitely need a separate space for my woodworking as well. Especially if I buy a sawmill, I'll need dry storage for materials.

Love my garage. It’s a 24x24x12 if I could do it over again I would’ve gone 30x30x12. That was the max allowed for my house (stupid Maryland rules). 24 deep is bare minimum I would do for a mustang that gives you about 5 feet front and back. I will say if your getting a loan get it for the cost of the garage install as well as add on top to get it insulated. Something I’m in the process of doing now to close my garage in. I ordered mine from diypolebarns.com they guys over there were really helpful and the plans they give are top notch even as far as dimensions to cut the metal siding for the front and back where the roof trusses go. Definitely get a ac/heat for it as well. Again something I’m also in the process of, as well as running a coax cable out there for television.

My garage is cement block 24x30 so subtract 16" for the inside dimensions , about 740 square feet, we have over 32k in it, I will be parking a 53 chebby pickup and 18 kia reo in it with room for a mustang but it would be tight to work on so I will likely use the space for clean project stuff like interior revamp and working on my harley, keeping my small display case with collectables that kind of thing, I didn't have room for a bigger building without removing the 14x24 building there now.

Don’t stress yourself over the building right now. The move will be plenty of stress to handle. Get moved, get situated, then plan and build (if money allows). I all too often get hung up planning the next thing before I’m done with the current thing. Drain my fun account and stress myself out trying to catch up with the projects.

I got this from the upholsterer, the seats are ready! I'm going to dye the white stitching black, and then it should look pretty good. The back seats match this.
Also, the headrests are missing in this pic, got those to put back on as well.

IMG_3648.JPG

Y la casita.

Closes April 26th, so we'll see where the finances fall by then. I have a feeling it'll be the end of the year before the shop is started, but I'll have my hands full til then.

IMG_3645.PNG
IMG_3646.PNG

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users