The (near) Future is Not Electric

Electric motors do not cost very much to manufacture, they have fewer parts and the material costs are lower. The car manufacturers are going to be reaping huge profits by going to EV.
Maintenance is darn near nil comparatively [when you remove the usual wear items from the list] and brakes will need to be done much less often as the regenerative braking does most of the work.
What they do not tell you is that the range given is at 55mph... down here in Florida 55mph gets you run off the road.

• Sponsors (?)

I would be willing to bet a dollar right now, that we can fully synthesize fossil fuels. I mean, after all, it's only the result of a chemical reaction. If somebody hasn't already figured it out then it's probably not far off.

I think back to all of the dry and liquid fuel we've developed over the years. We've had lots of practice. In today's stage of the game, I think it's more attainable, requires fewer resources, and packs more BTU for a longer period, with less space and weight compensation. From cradle to grave, this solution would have less impact on the planet overall.

That is until the Zentradi invade and we discover the secrets of Protoculture. :shrug:
(Admin cookie for whoever gets that reference first)
No cookie this time.
I had to look it up.

I believe it will be technology like this that will revolutionize the feasibility of EVs. If you take the time to watch this video, and it's just one I randomly dug up on YT, keep in mind that this is the very beginning of THIS technology. There are others and this one will get better. However, having a wonder battery that holds more charge and charges blindingly fast does not solve the "where does the energy come from problem". I think we will get there as well. It's just a matter of time. Fun fact! Henry Ford wanted to built electric cars. He didn't like the loud stinky ICEs. That was over 100 years ago and the battery technology was SUPER bad, so that venture fell on its face real quick. I think the first electric car was invented in the 1890s. I'll have to fact check that later.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnE1nO6o-do

Gold nanowire technology is also interesting.

I just can't quite wrap my head around the thought of an old 60s muscle car doing smoky burnouts without the roar of a big V8. It will be reality soon enough I guess.

Lets keep this light for a friday afternoon.

Yeah it's expensive as hell, but so were Plasma TV's when they first came out. But how soon befoe options like this become more readily available. Who knows, we might see the day when Maximum Motorsports offers a K-member for an EV crate motor? :oops:

Only thing that i feel is a hurdle is packaging the batteries. With these sorts of EV conversions, i imagine range is not as critical. If someone develops a "drop-in" battery pack it might make such conversions more feasible. Of course, costs would need to drop as well. I don't see your average shade-tree dropping $60K+ to do one of these conversion

Yeah it's expensive as hell, but so were Plasma TV's when they first came out. But how soon befoe options like this become more readily available. Who knows, we might see the day when Maximum Motorsports offers a K-member for an EV crate motor? :oops:

Only thing that i feel is a hurdle is packaging the batteries. With these sorts of EV conversions, i imagine range is not as critical. If someone develops a "drop-in" battery pack it might make such conversions more feasible. Of course, costs would need to drop as well. I don't see your average shade-tree dropping $60K+ to do one of these conve

Only thing that i feel is a hurdle is packaging the batteries. With these sorts of EV conversions, i imagine range is not as critical. If someone develops a "drop-in" battery pack it might make such conversions more feasible. Of course, costs would need to drop as well. I don't see your average shade-tree dropping $60K+ to do one of these conversions
Looks like prices have come down browsing that site. Not cheap, but a 460hp equivalent setup was 18k.