The Reenmachine DOHC '67 Shelby Clone Convertible Progress

reenmachine said:
Yes, but not on this car! I got the green fastback back on its wheels and added a nice SSBC Force 10 front brake kit that's compatible with the MII suspension. Now I have the blue fastback back from paint and it's its turn to get back on wheels. Once it is a roller, I'll rotate back to the 'vert and finish it up.

The green fastback:
http://www.reenmachine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116

The blue fastback:
http://www.reenmachine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96

Where do you get the A/C hoses and the bulkheads? I like the shaved firewall

• Sponsors (?)

68Eleclone said:
Looking good pete!

On the green fastback, what did you use to strip the undercoating on the bottom of the car? Is the undercoating the same for every mustang made?

John
The undercoating wasn't so bad on the green car. I just used a scraper on the big stuff and then took it the rest of the way with a bunch of different wire wheels on an air die grinder.

It's certainly not the same on every car. Over the years people use all kinds of weird products under their cars. I've seen roofing tar and far worse.

xoxbxfx said:
Where do you get the A/C hoses and the bulkheads? I like the shaved firewall
The bulkheads all came from Classic Auto Air. They have a pretty complete selection. Most of the lines are hard lines I bent up myself from lines available from Classic Auto Air and the hoses I had crimped locally. I bought an assortment of ends from Classic Auto Air and went from there. They're really willing to go the extra mile for custom applications, and they're used to it since they mainly serve the street rod industry.

reenmachine said:
The bulkheads all came from Classic Auto Air. They have a pretty complete selection. Most of the lines are hard lines I bent up myself from lines available from Classic Auto Air and the hoses I had crimped locally. I bought an assortment of ends from Classic Auto Air and went from there. They're really willing to go the extra mile for custom applications, and they're used to it since they mainly serve the street rod industry.

Thanks man...Im wedging in 4.6 sohc into a 66 coupe. Theres not a ton of space to mess with. Im looking to clean up the engine bay like your car. I want to shave the firewall. Im hoping they will sell me just the underdash stuff, Im gonna use the 4.6 compressor and condensor.

xoxbxfx said:
Thanks man...Im wedging in 4.6 sohc into a 66 coupe. Theres not a ton of space to mess with. Im looking to clean up the engine bay like your car. I want to shave the firewall. Im hoping they will sell me just the underdash stuff, Im gonna use the 4.6 compressor and condensor.
They will. I did the same.

I was trying to figure out what you undercoated the hood with, and what that black-box you bolted to it was in this picture:
0134.jpg

Obviously it is just an illusion.

Attachments

• 0134.jpg
    0134.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 113
Got the insides of the doors done (power windows, power door locks) and got the door panels back from the upholstery shop, so they went on. They are covered in soft black vinyl to match the rest of the interior, the original edge trim has been polished, and the brushed aluminum trim is an exact factory match. Note the absence of the window crank hole and depression -- power window switches are mounted on the center console.

0196.jpg

0198.jpg

0200.jpg

Attachments

• 0196.jpg
    0196.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 0198.jpg
    0198.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 0200.jpg
    0200.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 144
Wow Pete! the vert is looking good! Almost there!

I was looking at the Green fastback on your site, and it is looking real good! Any special plans for the interior of the fastback? I knew you were gonna put in power locks and windows, are you gonna use the same console you used in the red vert?

John

68Eleclone said:
Wow Pete! the vert is looking good! Almost there!

I was looking at the Green fastback on your site, and it is looking real good! Any special plans for the interior of the fastback? I knew you were gonna put in power locks and windows, are you gonna use the same console you used in the red vert?

John
The green car's interior will be saddle with some neat custom upholstery and a few other touches. Don't think it'll have a console though. Custom cluster, FR column, nice stereo, power windows, power door locks, etc.

reenmachine said:
Yeah, it's like a tan interior with brown carpet & other trim. Looks nice with a green car.
Yup.

[opinion]
I've never been a big fan of brown/tan/beige/saddle interiors in any car that isn't green, for some unknown reason they look good on a green car though.
[/opinion]