those eleanor style grilles....

imfamousjim

Mar 12, 2009
Hey. i'm looking at getting one of those new center foglight grilles for my 05. The original owner spray painted the original, so it's time for a new grille... and why stay stock?
i keep seeing a bunch of different brands.. does anyone have any suggestions/feedback on who's to pick up?

'Jim

• Sponsors (?)

I had the 3D Carbon main grille and really liked the look of it but the honeycomb was a bitch to clean. Over the winter I swapped in the Street Scene black chrome centre fog grilles (upper and lower). I wanted a lower grille to protect my supercharger intercooler. If you get the Street Scene grille there are two things you should be aware of:

1) In it's relaxed state, the uppper grille naturally deforms and seems not to fit the center fog lights properly. Their instructions (at least before my time) were poor and didn't point out the fact that you have to bend the grille shell back out against it's natural curvature to get the fog light mounts to line up. Once you do that and install the fogs, the grille fits like a dream on the car. I wrote to them after my experience and suggested they expand on their installation instructions. Hopefully they've done so so that future customers don't feel like dumbasses like I did.

2) The Street Scene grille is very shallow and therefore won't hide equipment in behind the grille. Before installing this grille and while you have the front end apart, you should mask off and blackout anything that might show through. Another alternative is to relocate extraneous equipment like horns etc that you don't want visible through your grille. Everything behind these grilles needs to be a flat black color. Aluminum or white parts show through like the grille isn't there.

Street Scene or 3D Carbon. Stay away from any other brand of center fog light grill. I went with a different brand and had to cut into my radiator support to make it fit!

I went with this grill...
High Flow Eleanor
0062517.jpg

Mustang GT, HI-FLO ELEANOR
The fit and finish is perfect...
Funny thing is when I bought mine it was only $99 bucks.
Not sure of why the price increase.

Then I bought the left side fender emblem for the V6 Mustang and attached it to the grill before I installed it.
Here's how it looks...
Friday8-15-08Shoot_mg_0582.jpg

I've seen others that came out that have the lights centered closer togerther and others with the emblem already made into the grill.

3D Carbon GT/Eleanor Grille

Here is my 3D Carbon GT/Eleanor Grille. Sorry about the photo size/quality, taken will my cell phone. I purchased mine off of ebay, $135. When I received it a corner of the grille was damaged. I took a couple of photos, called them/sent the photos, and they sent me a new grille. That's the type of service that one likes! At first I didn't really care for the closeness of the Fog Lights, but after seeing it a few times, I like it much better.

+1 on Klaw's post. Got my upper & lower grill from Stage3 Motorsports all fitting the Roush fascia and protecting my IC. It's a mesh design, but flat so the cleanup problems with the stock style honeycomb are gone. A touchup behind the grill for parts that could show through would be a good idea. Naturally I didn't think of that before I installed....

Attachments

• Screaming_Roush_Grille.jpg
    Screaming_Roush_Grille.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 255