Time slip edits

• Sponsors (?)

thehueypilot said:
That could be it cause lately I'm either asleep at the wheel for reaction times or red lighting. :shrug:

That sounds all too familiar......... With no trans brake and only drag racing a few times a year the whole consistancy thing is a mystery to me.

Honestly with what you have it sounds like you just need to do some tuning to get it all lined out.

TB

They are awsome heads, right out of the box. I wonder... Did you check to see if they are lined up with the intake? I had a buddy I finally convinced to get rid of his Victor Jr's. When he did, he re-dynoed we knew the inake was way off like mine. He still gained 40 ft/lbs to the rear, but only 15 hp. Wonder if the same scenerio is going on here.
I also had similiar problems with mine being too lean. Didn't make it run funny, but the mph was like103 for a 12.7. Kept bumping up the jets, and picked way up.

10secgoal said:
They are awsome heads, right out of the box. I wonder... Did you check to see if they are lined up with the intake? I had a buddy I finally convinced to get rid of his Victor Jr's. When he did, he re-dynoed we knew the inake was way off like mine. He still gained 40 ft/lbs to the rear, but only 15 hp. Wonder if the same scenerio is going on here.
I also had similiar problems with mine being too lean. Didn't make it run funny, but the mph was like103 for a 12.7. Kept bumping up the jets, and picked way up.

I dusted off my Vic Jr. and I will order new gaskets and port match it. I also ordered a hand held air/fuel wideband meter so maybe I can get it all dialed in. Thanks for the input!

the coupe has to go

First $10K in my hand takes my 66 Coupe home.

Just bought a new house and I need some new toys, tractor etc.

I hope a Stangnet person steps up and buys it as I would like to its progression to 10 sec in the quarter. Its a brake and gear set away.

washMO66 said:
First $10K in my hand takes my 66 Coupe home.

Just bought a new house and I need some new toys, tractor etc.

I hope a Stangnet person steps up and buys it as I would like to its progression to 10 sec in the quarter. Its a brake and gear set away.

Dude, will you take my left nut, or my first born ?

Only if I can sell either one for $10K or more.

This is such a deal, someone needs to own this car.

Hmm, where can you find $10K in my car.

Currie 9" - $2000
Engine - $6600
Tranny - $1100
Headers - $500
TCP uppers - $600
TCP subframes - $200
TCP solid motor mounts - $200

Well, there is 11,200 and it comes wrapped around a 66 coupe that I paid $4500 bones for.

What else have I done to it?

All new suspension
New gas tank & lines
Holley Blue electric fuel pump
Aluminum radiator and trans cooler
New floor pans and 6 pt NHRA cage
Grant wheel
two sets of wheels - (there is another $2K)
MSD 6AL - Blaster coil (not included in engine cost)

The list goes on, hate to see some ametuer stanger buy this car and spank you guys at the strip. :owned:

TB