Time to get Pimpin"

Ideally each bank will only be a few % off from each other, this is completely normal. I have seen some cases where a bank is way off from another, this usually means some kind of mechanical issue but not always.
You can deal with this in three ways...
1. if its a minor discrepancy [usually in cruise and idle] just let ego correction work it out.

2. Like above but you can trim one bank by linking all those cylinders together in the cylinder trim tables.

3. setup dual tables 1-4 ve1 5-8 ve3... this requires going into the dual fuel settings and setting it up, works very well if the simpler methods are not cutting it.
is all the above with running dual WB's?

• Sponsors (?)

is all the above with running dual WB's?
yes, however I dont see a way to run sequential injection with 2 VE tables so that option is sorta out the window.. it works great with batch fire though.

Usually i just tune it with the leaner bank and then trim the rich bank to match with the optional trim tables. You can use one WB and then move it.. but with the spartan 2 working so well and being so cheap.... why not run 2?

I was just thinking about this myself and was planning on pm'ing A9L asking this before I order mine.... I did see in the instructions to put it on the side that runs the leanest, which means I would have to swap it around... ect.. if I put 2 in, then less for me to do later...

A9l, with one on each side, it would be more like stock where it would adjust more efficiently for each side right? I figure when I order mine next month, at this point whats another 120.00 to add the 2nd wb to the cart... lol

Not to mention that with an A9L, you would have to convert both signals to narrow band over a 5 volt signal wire. This assumes that both conversions are accurate to one another. Tolerance between the two sensors also has to be taken into account. At the end of this scenario, you end up with a system that is [less] accurate to the A9L that what you started with initially but to what end? You now how the ability to read or record data from each bank but it in no way, helped the A9L to do its job better.

In that scenario, it would have been better to leave the two narrow band sensors alone and just add a single wideband to give the data log and reference data.

A more modern ECU? Different story...

I had a chance for a pretty long cruise yesterday. Put on about 100 miles and the car ran great. I went up a pretty significant elevation (At least for here, the H-3 Freeway it goes up and through a mountain) and the car had zero issues. I have been having so much fun with this I forgot I have a Maximum Motorsport front coilover kit for the car that I need to install!

Reactions: 2 users
lol it was a bit more than a tweak. since the WOT relay works in reverse, I had to set an software output on the AC function [for a hardware output not in use] then using a software loop watch the port status for that hardware pin [again the pin is not wired to anything] using a bitwise operator... I used this loop in a generic programmable output to set the relay in reverse. So when the AC output is inactive the relay is on and when the AC is on the relay shuts off.... all because ford decided to wire it normally closed..
In this configuration the relay is not just a WOT switch it is also used by the software to control when the AC compressor is on, so the ECU can raise the idle speed and open the idle valve before the compressor cycles.

All so he did not have to dig into the wire tuck to do it with hardware.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, 'I had to doodad this to the reverse bit so the ac can jump rope over the air control on the watch port before wot blade hit hyperlinks to the pin that got stuck open' magic.
I understood every word too.

Reactions: 1 user